Act 6 Scene 2

Corrin, Iago, Azura and myself we're currently eye to eye with the eldest Hoshidan prince. Iago was telling him of what the Nohrian army has achieved. I know Corrin struggled to speak to him. When he attacked her I jumped into action. But then he challenged her to a duel.

"I won't allow this! Soldiers, protect Corrin!" I called.

"There will be no need prince Xander. If Corrin is as strong as everyone claims she is, then she shouldn't have any problem," Iago said.

"I suppose your right, she has had enough training."

"Then sit back and watch," he smirked at me.

"But father, will you have a princess of Nohr fall? What if Corrin can't do it! Answer me father!" He was ignoring me.

"His majesty wants to watch Xander, so pipe down. We want to watch Corrin fight and see how far she's come."

"I won't sit back and do nothing!" Then Ryoma's retainers arrived so the road to helping Corrin isn't going to be as smooth as I predicted.

Watching as Ryoma killed himself to spare Corrin the trouble and trauma of doing it herself, I felt a sting in my heart as well. Despite hating the Hoshidans I felt that in that moment, I felt myself able to relate to him.

I noticed Iago tried to get father angry at Corrin for not killing him herself. But I suppose as long as in the end you got what you want, it doesn't really matter how it happened. Corrin wants father to sit on the throne and claim his spot. But he goes to speak with Iago. So Corrin and Azura go off somewhere. I'll leave them to grieve.

Victoria is off to the side with Veronica and her retainers. I'm actually surprised that her wyvern fit inside the castle. Victoria has a small sly smile on, almost like she knows what's going to happen next and will love every moment of it. She stared at my father and Iago with that look.

"You look like your excited for what's going to happen next," she must've not seen my approach as my voice snapped her out of trance she put herself in.

"Oh, yes, I can't wait to see what happens."

"You do know that after father claims his spot on the Hoshidan throne the wedding will be held within a few day?" Surely that can't be why she appears so happy? Then I thought of something else. "Perhaps it's because your family will be here?"

"Yes, yes I am quite excited to see them again. I've missed them terribly since they left," her answer was definitely correct, but it didn't seem like the correct answer for that question at this moment. Was she hiding something? It's none of my business to pry.

"Father now is the time for you to claim your victory by sitting on the throne," I heard Corrin say. She really was pushing for that moment, I suppose it'll solidify everything that's happened and it'll finally come to an end.

"I believe it is time that I do so. However I will enter alone. I need to speak to the divine Anankos first," father entered and the doors shut behind him and we all gathered by the door waiting to be given permission to enter.

Corrin and Azura were closer than the rest of us and they were whispering to each other. What were they talking about?

"Corrin watch out!" Azura called as a spell was aimed at Corrin's back. Luckily she dodged just in time. We all turned around to Iago.

For years my siblings and I put up with his terribleness. But now our father isn't here to stop us or protect him. We all ganged up on him. However he did have a group of Nohrian soldiers and sorcerers and he conjured up some faceless as well.

But in the end we had him cornered, begging for his life. We knew better than to buy into that. Leo delivered the deadly blow. Although before he died I could swear that I heard Iago mumbling something, a curse or a spell? Some kind of incantation? Or maybe it was nothing. Whatever it was it's not important now because he's dead.

While my siblings and I celebrated that the fighting really is over now, I noticed that Corrin and Azura looked uneasy. Corrin looked to Azura again and she gave her a nod. Corrin let out a sigh.

"Actually, the fights not over just yet. We can't have peace until we defeat someone else," what is she talking about? I know Iago told us that Corrin didn't kill the red head princess, are we now going to be in pursuit of her now?

"Well, who is it?" I asked.

"It's- I'm sorry everyone this is really hard to say. But, that person... it's our father, King Garon," what is she saying? My siblings all had very shocked reactions.

"What is the meaning of this Corrin? I know father has been cruel to you, but that doesn't mean we should kill him!" I was very shocked and surprised myself.

"Every loss, every win, every sorrow, all the things that I've been through with this war, the reason I kept on going was to show you all the truth about our father," Corrin said. I could tell this was difficult for her to speak about. Was there really something wrong with father?

"And this truth is?" I asked. Everyone else seemed too shocked to be asking the questions.

"Father. No, king Garon isn't human anymore. He's been turned into a monster, kept alive and controlled by someone or something. We can't save him, who knows if that was ever a possibility. But our only option now is to defeat him," Corrin has been keeping this in for who knows how long.

"But how can you be sure? This better not a joke." She shook her head.

"I'm sorry everyone, but this is the truth. I couldn't believe it when I found out, so I know what you all must be feeling. I can prove it to you, it's just beyond those doors. The truth about everything lies in the throne room," no one said anything. Should I really be believing all this? "Come with me know and I'll show you all the truth."

"Corrin please give us a moment to prepare ourselves, we don't know what kind of fight this will be," Camilla said and Corrin allowed us to get ourselves ready.

I looked among our army and there were many mixed emotions. But as I made my way towards a certain someone I started to think about an earlier conversation.

"Did you know about this Victoria?" I asked, slightly startling her as her back was turned.

"Do forgive me Xander for keeping it from you, but yes I did know," I could see on her face that she really did feel bad about keeping the information from me. However I do understand why, if this all is true.

"When did you find out?"

"The night I arrived. Victor spoke with Corrin and Azura about it and he mentioned what a strong fighter I am and how Corrin should recruit me to her cause, the real cause that is." Then another topic came into my mind.

"So when this battle is over there is no wedding so you will be returning to Vimore? You knew all this time that this is how it would play out," would it be appropriate to confess my love for her here right now? Perhaps I should wait and see what really is in that throne room.

"I never knew exactly how things would play out, I always made sure to remind myself that the future could play out in many different ways. But I will most likely be returning to Vimore once this is over. There isn't anything else for me here in Nohr unless I were to marry, but I'm sure my father has a lineup of high class Vimorian citizens to set me up with next," was she dropping bread crumbs? Because I am picking them all up.

"Well, I say we go join the others and see what's on the other side of that door shall we? If all goes well you'll be seeing your family very soon," I said along with the usual pre-battle small talk: don't die, see you on the other side, good luck.

Now it's time to really see what is behind those doors.