Act 8 Scene 1

I woke up at dawn, I wanted to sleep for so much longer but my work wasn't going to finish by itself. Focusing on my surroundings I immediately noticed that Victoria wasn't asleep at my side. Where did she go?

I thought about the way I snapped at her two nights ago. I felt awful about it, and after Camilla confronted me it only made me feel even worse. But I did try to speak to her yesterday, I hoped to mend things between us. Then she left and I lost my chance. I swore to myself that I would fix things today and I wouldn't let anything stop me.

In fact I'm going to find her and we'll talk. I got out of bed and got dressed. If she's awake at this hour she must be in the queens quarters getting ready.

Going down the hall I knocked on the door. When no one answered I turned the knob and it opened, the room was deserted. But my eyes picked up on something glimmering on the vanity.

It was the ring I gave Victoria. Our engagement ring, the symbol of my love and desire to be beside her for the rest of our lives.

I checked the bathroom to see if she was bathing, she wasn't.

I clutched the ring in my hand as I exited the room and saw Laslow running towards me.

"Your Majesty," he said stopping to catch his breath. "Princess Victoria's Wyvern was stolen it was broken out of her pen. Another Wyvern is also missing and Nefertari and Alexandros are no where to be seen," no, this can't be happening. Laslow saw my face drop.

"Princess Victoria is also gone. Veronica wasn't stolen. The Princess left."

"Oh my. Well I must be back to my duties. Do call if you need anything my lord," he said quickly and then turned and got away as fast as he could.

Going back to my room and closed the door and leaned my back against it. I opened my hand, I should've said something yesterday. I didn't think  she would leave. My heart was shattered. What was there to do now?

Then a giant gust of wind made the balcony doors burst open, the latch was old I kept putting off getting it replaced. But with the wind that entered the room a piece of paper skidded across the floor. 

Hesitantly I picked it up. It was a letter addressed to Victoria. I read the letter that I figured out was from Victor. Her mother was in danger. That must be why she left. But then why would she leave the ring behind. Why would she not tell me.

But I knew what I had to do. I had to go to Vimore and find Victoria.

I grabbed Siegfried and headed down the halls.

On my way I ran into my siblings.

"Where are you going Xander?" Camilla asked.

"Vimore to help Victoria."

"Then we're going too," Corrin said. I didn't have time to argue. So they just followed me.

"Exactly how are we getting there brother?" Leo asked. I stopped in my tracks.

"I didn't think about that Leo," going by boat would take over a day.

"With the wind direction in our favour it might be best to fly," Camilla said and we all agreed.

Camilla and I rode on her Wyvern while Corrin, Leo and Elise flew on another one that Elise was piloting. Where she learned to fly a wyvern I'll never know.

"So I can assume that you did not speak to Victoria yesterday."

"No I didn't."

"Victoria isn't the only one who's noticed that you've been working too hard," that caught me off guard. And I know she noticed. "We've all noticed Xander, but Victoria is the only who had enough nerve to confront you. And I never told you this before, but Victoria works had every day trying to learn as much as she can about Nohr and the people you meet with so that way she can help ease your workload."

"I don't need to feel any more terrible than I already do Camilla."

As we continued to fly over the ocean the land of Vimore could barely be seen on the horizon.

I'm coming Victoria. I will make things right between us, because I love you and your the one I want at my side, I thought as I clutched the right tight in my hand.