Act 2 Scene 3

Xander's pov

About half way through the meal King Italus lightly tapped his wine glass with his spoon and we all turned to hear what he had to say. Only then did I notice that Victoria had barely eaten her food. I doubt that it was because she didn't like it, Jakob makes excellent meals.

"I want to start by thanking King Garon for inviting us into his kingdom in a time of war and for allowing our agreement to take place," everyone clapped at his words. "Now king Garon I believe it is time we reveal to the children why we are here," and he handed the attention off to my father.

"Ah yes, thank you Italus. Now Italus has given us three of his finest fighters. The dark knight Nefertari, the wyvern lord Alexandros and Princess Victoria who in a months time will become my wife!" We all clapped only because it was necessary. Victoria, with her wide eyes put her head down and continued to pick at her food.

The rest of the meal was silent but once Victoria was pretty much done she excused herself and left the dining room. Then slowly did everyone else. Once I returned to my quarters the once quite tower that only had my room and other empty ones, was now filled with endless sobs of what I can only assume belonged to the princess. I then heard a knock at my door I opened it and it was Laslow.

"What brings you here Laslow?" I asked my flirtatious retainer as I invited him into my room.

"Well it's the princess my lord, we must end this marriage arrangement. Just listen to her cries, there like knives to the heart with each weep," he dramatically said.

"Why? So you can scoop her off her feet right after?" I joked. "But I do think that ending the arrangement would be in her and our best interests," I said regaining my usual composure.

"Indeed milord, are you aware that you two are the same age?"

"No, how did you find out this information?" I asked to see what else he knew about her. Not that I'm nosey or anything, just to know some background information.

"Well when me and Iago arrived- and never send me alone with that creep anymore- they had a big meal announcing that Victoria is engaged and then after there was a social then of course there was the boat ride over so I've had plenty of opportunities to get to know her. And listen to this, one of her retainers, Nefertari told me that Victoria though that it was you that she would be marrying and that she seemed pretty content with that," Laslow can be worse than a bunch of gossiping women.

"The three of them seem like good additions to the army, but family, I'm not so sure," I said sternly and then Laslow took his leave. I then headed to the library as I had a feeling that my siblings were waiting for me.

Of course once I entered the library I saw the circle of my siblings as they crowded around a map. I joined them.

"I had a feeling that you'd all be here," I said as I sat down between Camilla and Azura.

"That poor princess, being forced into marrying King Garon," Corrin said with a sigh.

"We have to help her!" Elise begged as she was half on a cry. Camilla lended over and gave her a hug

"Indeed, but what can we do? We can't defy fathers wishes without serious reprecuptions," Leo spoke as he looked up from the map he was studying. Then the door opened and we all turned to see who it was.

It was Victoria she looked at all of us. She no longer had teary eyes and a depressing look on her face. She only wore her expressionless face with her head held high, as if she has accepted what her fate is. After a moment she swiftly disappeared into the library shelves.