Act 3 Scene 2

Victoria's pov

I woke up to Nefertari opening the curtains to let what little light Nohr had in. "Good morning beautiful," her soft voice said.

"Good morning to you as well Nefertari," I replied as I lifted the warm enclosure of bedsheets off me and was awaken by the cold floor that my feet now touched as I stood up to stretch. "A simple morning dress will do this morning, I'll change into something more elegant after," I then spoke as I headed to the bathroom.

Upon exiting the bathroom Nefertari had a light blue and purple gown laid on the bed for me. After changing into it she brushed my hair into its usual bun applied some very light makeup. For a finishing touch I placed my tiara on my head and then waited to be called for breakfast.

With the light taps on the wooden door I jolted upright and Nefertari opened the door. We were greeted with the smiling face of my brother. "Morning Victoria," He said walking in to hug me. Wrapping my arms back around him I said the same. "I'll be your escort this morning, because we all know that you are no where near capable of walking there yourself," we both laughed and he put out his arm and I accepted and we left laughing and giggling at anything as we walked down the hall. But that stopped once we neared the dining room. He bowed and I curtseyed upon entering the room. Everyone except Xander was there. Victor led us to the left side of the table and he pulled and pushed in my chair as I sat down before taking his seat next my wonderful fiancé. Then the doors opened and in walked Prince Xander.

  "Good morning everyone, I apologize for being late I had to deal with something," he spoke as he bowed and then walked and took his seat next to me. Breakfast was then served. 

  "So Garon what is on the agenda for today?" My father asked partly through the meal. King Garon wiped off his mouth before speaking.

  "Well you, Xander, and prince Victor will accompany me to look at some nearby land for future projects between our kingdoms. Unfortunately tomorrow the three of you depart until the wedding. And Iago."

  "Yes your highness," the man replied, I still don't trust him

"Have you finished everything that I've asked you to do?" King Garon asked, and I think he took a slight glance at my mother.

  "Not quite milord, but by the time we head back to castle Krakenburg yes, it will be complete," and he walked away smirking. Now I'm definitely suspicious of that Iguana- I mean Iago. As last nights meal, it was quiet until till king Garon and father excused themselves to talk about business.

"Princess Victoria?" I heard my name called, it was Princess Camilla calling on me.

"Yes, Princess Camilla?" I answered she laughed a little when I called her 'princess' but still smiled at me.

"I was wondering if you and Queen Laverna would join me for lunch and tea later on?" Lunch works differently at the Nohrian palace, they all don't sit down and have a formal meal like breakfast and supper. You have lunch when you want and wherever. I looked across to mother to see her mood, her eyes smiled at me.

"Of course we'd love to, right mother?" I nodded while smiling. Camilla seemed much happier at my acceptance.

"Indeed, thank you for the kind offer Princess Camilla," mother then said. Her gently voice was like wind chimes on a beautiful summer day when a small breeze blows by to cool you off.

Shortly after we all started to excuse ourselves, Victor, Prince Xander, father and Garon left the castle and I was preparing for lunch with Camilla. I changed dresses into a more formal gown and had my corset on underneath, as well as a touch up on my hair. I was reading a book when a light tap came on the door. Nefertari answered it.

"I've come to inform Victoria that lunch will be served soon with Lady Camilla. If she'll follow me I'll lead her to the gardens," it was the male butler. Closing my book I then followed him around twist and turns until we reached the outside. Having the fresh air hit my skin was a wonderful feeling. The Nohrian gardens were nice for the state of the atmosphere around here. In the middle of a the garden under the canopy was a little table set up with three chairs. One was already occupied by Camilla. I took my seat.
"Your mother will be along shortly princess," the butler said before bowing and leaving.

  A few minutes later my mother emerged from the doors with a maid ahead of her. She took the empty seat and the maid poured us a cup of tea before leaving.

The three of us talked lightly about a few things until Camilla stopped beating around the bush.

  "You know, you ladies can be honest with me. No one will hear us and I won't tell anyone," Camilla spoke. "I'll clear some air by just stating that I simply don't agree with the marriage. Your simple to young and there is just so much going on right now that by having a marriage going on is simply to much and could complicate things," she sighed.

"There is something going on in your family, and it really is none of my business. But I do know that everything will have a happy ending. Now I must be going, I'll leave you girls to chat," my mother said, she finished off her tea and left.

"Well that was better than I thought it would be," Camilla  spoke. I nodded while taking a sip. "Now would you be able to tell me why your Wyvern is so much bigger than ours?"

  "Veronica is what we call a great wyvern. I suppose I'll have to start at the beginning for a full understanding," Camilla seemed really intrigued by my talk of wyverns, she urged me to continue. "Before people came to Vimore it was wyvern territory. People from a distant mainland had to abandon there homes and set out on a search for new land by sea. Eventually they came ashore of what would be Vimore. After there first few peaceful nights on the beach they assembled a party to go explore to find a suitable place to build there houses. Leading the expedition was a man named Zeckensaw.
  "For days the travelled until they found suitable land, but a giant wyvern was sat guarding the area. Zeckensaw went to battle and emerged victorious, he brought back scales of the wyvern to give to everyone to prove his victory and people punched holes in them to wear as necklaces. It would become a custom for citizens of Vimore to wear a wyvern scale necklace from that great wyvern to show pride and acknowledge the great deeds of Zeckensaw. All great wyverns are connected and only answer to the royal family."

"But I've heard that your mother rides a normal size wyvern," Camilla mentioned. Her love for wyverns was making me feel at home, it made me feel like I had a friend in this crazy ordeal.

"When Zeckensaw's son became king due to his fathers passing, anyone who disagreed with his ruling were banished to the other side of a mountain range. These people had to give back there scales if they had one and weren't considered part of Vimore or associated with Vimorians in anyway," I explained.

"This all makes since. But I've never heard of this kingdom. Although I had never heard of Vimore until the night prior to your arrival."

"Very curious you are Camilla, the other kingdom struggled financially. When my father was prince he travelled to the other kingdom to discuss their issues. But when he got there, he fell in love with the princess immediately. Then father proposed to her parents saying that if they allowed him to marry her, father would allow the kingdom to be a part of Vimore again, solving there money issues but allowed her parents to have majority control over the land. Although my mothers parents passed before I was born my father now controls the land, as well the scales were given back to the people."

"And so Vimore was united once again," Camilla spoke with her sweet smile.

"Yes, and everyone's seems to be happy under one king." I finished my last drop of tea. "Thank you for the lovely afternoon, now if you could summon Jakob I'll be escorted back to my room," she smiled and rang the small bell.

Once again I was back in the comforts of the bed chamber to continue reading the mountain of books before they have to be returned tomorrow morning. Then I'll have to say goodbye to my family and live my life as a Nohrian royal.