Act 9 Scene 2

As I walked farther away from my mother and deeper into the castle I began to accept my defeat. I had no more ideas on how to save my mother. My only hope was whatever my father was up to. But then of course there could be nothing and I'm wasting my time. No, there has to be something he's hiding.

Sneaking around in my own home was more difficult that I imagined as usually my father is in his study when I sneak about. Guards looked at me suspiciously, they knew I was following my father at a time I was not supposed to. But they never said a word. My father went into an area of the castle that I knew was strictly forbidden for me to go. So naturally I went up the stairs after I heard his get off at the top.

I didn't know what was beyond these stairs so I took my time and was extra sneaky and quite. From my father going up the stairs first I knew they creaked so it did take a little while to get up with minimal creaky. I just hoped that father couldn't hear it.

At the top of the stairs was a door that was left ajar and I could hear my father and someone else inside.

"You have to let me do it, it's the only way to save my wife," my father was pleading with someone. He sounded so desperate.

"I told you Italus I only have enough left for a few days you need to go back weeks to reverse the curse. Did you forget that the last time you turned back time I told you it would be the last," said the other voice. Wait turn back time? "Besides even if there was enough to go back that far you have five people here who would be unaffected and then you would be exposed," five people, does he mean Xander and his siblings? I had to figure out what was going on. So I pushed the door open.

"What is going on father?" My father immediately turned to me looking surprised. But there was no one else in the room with him. My eyes scanned around shelves with books and bunch of mysterious things and then I saw it, a severed wyvern head on the wall and below it was something that looked like an altar with a dip in the middle to hold liquid.

"Victoria what are you doing here?" My father demanded.

"Seeing what your up to. And what's this wyvern head doing here, what's with the talk of turning back time. I want answers father," the wyvern on the wall laughed.

"She is certainly like you when you were younger Italus."

"And who are you and more importantly what are you doing here?" I asked the wyvern head.

"It's time to tell her the truth Italus. After all she is the one you want to carry on your legacy." My fathers legacy?

"I suppose I should finally explain things to you Victoria." My father started.

"Should you even be calling her that? Or has it been so long that you forget her real name," the wyvern head said. My real name? Nothing this Wyvern is saying is making sense. And more importantly why can it talk!

"I'll get to that part. But first Victoria, this is the head of the wyvern that Zeckensaw slayed."

"That's impossible! Zeckensaw slayed the great wyvern centuries ago! There should be nothing left of that Wyvern much less it's head in perfect condition," right from the start this isn't making any sense at all.

"What if I said that it has been only around a century," said the wyvern head that according to science should not be handing on the wall in the castle.

"I would say that your insane!"

"Victoria, can you name all past kings of Vimore," my father asked me. I wasn't expecting my royal knowledge to be quizzed today. I didn't know everyone's name, but I knew the family tree.