Act 3 Scene 1

Victoria's pov

Once I returned to my room I found my mother waiting for me. I smiled at the older women as I sat next to her on my bed after placing my books on the night stand.

"How are you my dear?" My mothers gentle voice said. I was going to lie to her, but I found myself incapable of doing so.

"Why must it be me and him mother? Why is father being so cruel with my life and just throwing me away? Why mother. Tell me why," and I started to cry again. My mother hugged me and we just sat there, when mother started to sing her song.

"You are the ocean's grey waves, destined to seek
Life beyond the shore, just out of reach
Yet the waters ever change,
Flowing like time
The path is your to climb"

I could feel the pendant of mothers necklace fill with power as it relaxes me. Mother continued to sing.

"The path you walk on belongs to destiny,
Just let it flow
All of your joy and your pain will fall like the tide,
Let it flow

Even the throne in your heart,
In time it may become a rose," mother continued to hum the tune as I calmed down. Her hand smoothed me down from the top of my head to the bottom of my back and then repeated.

"Are you alright now my dear?" My mother asked as she held me now at arms distance. Wiping my eyes of their leftover tears I nodded slowly to the woman who meant so much to me. Smiling down at me she stood up. "I must take my leave now I have some things to discuss with your father. Don't stay up to late and sleep well Victoria," she turned to leave. I picked up one of the book I brought from the library, I noticed that when mother opened the door to leave and started talking with someone outside but I was unable to identify the voice. Then as mothers footsteps disappeared down the hall, a new pair entered my quarters. I sighed I barely got through the first page, I looked up and noticed that it was a Nohrian princess

"Good evening Princess Victoria, I have something I'd like to discuss with you, that's if your willing to listen and believe me," she spoke and slightly bowed when she addressed me. I cocked an eyebrow at her and bekoned her into my room.

"If it's something that important that you want to discuss make it quick, I have a book that needs my attention," I replied rather uninterested as I have on my mind is how I didn't even get to finish the page I was reading.

"Well I can only assume from observation that you want no part in the marriage that has been arranged for you, and I agree that it isn't right. Although you may think that as his children we wouldn't do this but Garon isn't who he appears to be," she had my attention now, I looked up at her with my eyebrows scrunched together. "My father has been corrupted by a demon and the only way to free him is death. But in order for that to work we must draw the demon out by having him sit on the Hoshidian throne," she sighed. I could tell that this is difficult for her to talk about.

"I'm only going to assume this, but your saying that Garon brought me over here now so he can use me to win the war quicker, take over Hoshido, then marry me. But if I believe what your saying and help you out, we'll get him to sit on the throne, he'll become the demon, you kill him and I'll be released from the arrangement." I said speaking slowly as I kept going over what was going on in my head.

"Yes exactly, you are quite the strategist. So will you aid me and Azura behind my fathers back to help Nohr for the greater good?" I could tell she was worried about what I would say. Would I take her side and go against my so called fiancé, or take my fiancé's side and rat all of them out.

"Yes, I will join you cause. As well you have the support of my retainers," I stood up from my bed to walk to him to shake her hand on the deal. "Is that all Princess Corrin?" I then asked looking up at her.

"Yes, thank you Princess Victoria, goodnight," and she left.

Walking back to my bed and I opened the forgotten book just laying there yearning for me to pick it up again. Gently I laid it on the nightstand. "I really have read too many romance novels," I whispered to myself. Then Nefertari bursts in.

"Sorry Vikky I hurried to finished up my other tasks as soon as I could to come check on you," she said out of breath leaning on the door knob and her knee for support. Once she regained her composure she approached me holding me at an arms distance. "Are you sure you want to go ahead with this marriage?" She asked. Thinking for a second about being put into battle, a real war I smirked.

"Of course," I spoke calmly briefly widening my eyes to get my mood across even more. Nefertari sighed and shook her head.

"What ever your planning in that head of yours princess you know that Alexandros and I got your back no matter what. Now let's get you ready for bed," her gently voice spoke and she laughed. Before helping me out of my dress and corset and into my nightwear. Then wishing me goodnight as I tucked myself into the cold comfy covers of the foreign Nohrian bed.