Act 2 scene 1

Xander's pov

I had figured that father would have us planning our invasion on Hoshido that I knew would be happening in the upcoming weeks, but instead were out hunting for singers in this beautiful city. But upon returing for the night Iago appeared saying that he needed a retainer to represent me and my siblings. Since we had no idea what it was about we picked the best man for the job, Laslow. Look, it's better than sending someone like Peri or Odin or Arthur. Iago also told us that the attack on Hoshido will be delayed a bit as our father wants us back at castle Krakenburg for something important.

"Come on everyone we have more important things to be doing besides thinking of the future. Let's focus on whatever father wants when we get back to the castle," I spoke to my siblings and retainers. After a wave of replies we all started to pack up and make the trek back home.

It took us about two days but we made it safely back into Windmire. The townsfolk all parted to the sides of the paths as we walked through town towards the castle. Of course being members of the royal family everyone is going to look at you, but peoples eyes drew more to Corrin and Azura. I could tell they were a little uncomfortable with the stares, so since I was leading the group, sped up my horses pace by a little. Just to get them out of the eyes of the public quicker.

Once we descended into the castle we first went to put the horses and wyverns back in their pens so they could rest after carrying us and our belongings. One thing I noticed was an extra horse pen in the stable. Is there going to be a new addition to the army? It would be helpful for the upcoming war.

Just as a got back to my room we were called for supper. I was hoping that father would tell us why he had called us back and delayed the attack on Hoshido. I joined my other siblings and our father in the dining hall as Felicia and Jakob served us our meal. Towards the end of supper father cleared his throat, his way of getting our attention.

"Children I am proud to announce that we will be having guest arrive at the castle tomorrow. Along with that, I will have another special announcement to tell you all about once our guests arrive," after that the rest of the meal was silent. Once I had finished I excused myself from the table to go back to my paperwork.

Later on I heard a knock on my door. "Enter," I called. The old door creaked as it was opened and then closed. The persons armour clanked as they walked towards me. I instantly recognized the voice once they spoke.

"Xander brother, the other siblings and I are meeting in the library to discuss somethings. Would you like to join us?" It was Camilla's soft voice speaking as she leaned over my shoulder to eye my paperwork.

"I suppose so, with the Hoshido attack on delay the weapon and food orders don't need to be filled out for a little while." I said as I put my pen back in the ink jar and neatly stacked the papers to the side. I stood up, pushed my chair in and Camilla and I left my room to walk to the library.

"Whoever these special guest are I suspect that they'll be permanent based on the new additions in the stables. Did you notice that one of the wyvern stables was a lot bigger than the others?" Camilla said before we reached the library's tall, old doors.

"No I didn't because I have no need to go to the wyvern stables as I don't ride a wyvern," I replied as I opened the door for my sister to enter. Our siblings all turned to look at us. Although I'm sure they know it's us, they can't help but be cautious. We join our younger brother and sisters at one of the tables. "Now, what matters are we to discuss? I was doing paperwork,". Corrin looked a bit upset when I mentioned that they interrupted me. I know she thinks that she's at fault for all of this. But she quickly regained her composure.

"Ok, so we all remember the guests that father mentioned at dinner, well Leo brought up the idea that they'll be permanent or semi-permanent until the war is over." She spoke Leo nodded proud at what he's been able to figure out.

"And Xander as you do a lot of paper work not only for our army but for father and alliances and so forth. So we were wondering if there was anything out of the ordinary that you may of read in your work," Leo said. I racked my brain to try and recall anything suspicious out of the mountains of paperwork I've done in the past little while. When something came to mind.

"Well one thing I did notice was that there were papers about some sort of treaty agreement and alliance and other stuff. A lot actually and they all had this stamp of a wyvern not only sealing the envelopes but also as some sort of signature," I replied while scratching my head to see if I could come up with anything else. No one but Leo found my information helpful and he quickly disappeared into the tall shelf's of the library.

He was only gone a few minutes before returning with a book and a scroll. He placed the two on the table and unraveled the scroll which turned out to be a map. "Here is the continent which is home to Nohr and our enemy Hoshido," Leo pointed to a great mass of land. "And down here towards the south you start to see another land mass, but no name is given," he then slowly moved his finger towards the bottom of the map and tapped it on the unnamed land mass. Then he opened the book that he had brought over and quickly flicked through the pages. Before stopping at an older illustration of what was shown on the map. "This book is older than that map and it shows more too. As you can see that southern land mass is named here, it's called Vimore. And if you look next to its name what symbol do you see?" I moved my head to see where he was pointing, it was the same stamp I had seen countless amount of times.

"That's the stamp," I finally said.

"Vimore, the great land of wyverns," Camilla then said.

"So our mystery guests are from Vimore? Cool!" Elise cheered.

"I wouldn't be so happy yet," Azura said. "We don't know who there sending or if they'll join us. Besides, I've heard a lot of strange things about Vimore" we all turned to look at Azura she now sported a distant look. As if digging through her memories.

"Are you going to tell us anything instead of just sitting there with that expression?" Leo blurted out. Azura blinked a few times.

"Ah yes sorry, legend says that the people in Vimore have never aged. Or that time repeated itself and it's all controlled by the king. Who just changed everyone's names when he turns back time." If anyone else had said that we probably would've laughed. But Azura knows a lot so we just silently listened. Well the majority of 'we'.

"You've got to be kidding me. What kind of foolishness were the Hoshidians feeding you?" Leo said crossing his arms and giving a little chuckle. "What kind of evidence do you have that proves this 'legend'". Azura turned to Leo and said...

"Each so called generation of the king has two children, a boy then a girl. And if you look at the portraits of all the past 'generations' of the royal family they all look very similar. Plus take into consideration that Vimore has never made any alliances or treaties or even had any kind of relations with any other country." We all took time to think.

"Well what if Vimore getting involved with Nohr is actually an evil plan to take over!" Elise exclaimed.

"What do you think Xander?" Corrin asked, and all at once they all turned to look at me for an answer. I took a second to gather my final thought on it before giving my honest answer.

"I think that after all their solitude Vimore is trying to reach out. Maybe their king and father have some morals in common and wished to cooperate. But truly, I have no idea what Vimore and father are planning. We can only wait and see," they all seemed content with that answer and we all dismissed ourselves back to our own quarters for the night.