Act 7 Scene 2

I was sitting at my vanity, I had taken off my crown and began to take my hair down from the updo Nefertari had done on me. Then I heard a knock on the door, I almost called out for Nefertari to answer it before I remembered I had dismissed her for the night.

I walked over and opened the door.

"Good evening Laslow," I greeted.

"Good evening to you as well your highness," he said with a bow. "King Xander has requested your presence," what could Xander want with me at this hour in the evening? Everyone is turning in for the night. 

I followed Laslow down the hall to Xander's room. "You can go on in, he should be on his balcony waiting for you," he said before he left. As I looked to the door knob I realized what I was wearing. I was in my night dress and a silk robe, I can't believe Xander is about to see me like this. I stared at the door knob before grasping it and opening the door.

Xander's room was simple for someone of his title, a bed similar to the one in my room, a desk two doors that I assumed led to a closet and bathroom respectively along with some bookshelves and places to sit. His armour was discarded off to the side.

One of the balcony doors were open and the curtain flickered in the wind. Stepping out onto the balcony Xander was leaning on the railing looking out into the night sky.

"Your majesty," I said but then I quickly remembered our previous conversation. "I mean, Xander, you wanted to see me." I leaned my side on the railing and Xander turned to face me.

"Yes, I did. I wanted to talk to you about something," couldn't he wait until morning  to discuss something with me, I'm sure it's just about the rebuilding, which isn't going anywhere between right now and tomorrow.

"Of course, tell me what's on your mind," I placed an encouraging hand on his arm.

"But first do forgive me, when it comes to speeches on the battlefield or addressing a nation I am quite good, however I'm not that good at talking about the topic I wish to tell you about," just what did I just get myself involved with. "This might be a bit embarrassing but I've rehearsed what I've wished to say, so if you could just listen and not interrupt me until I'm finished."

"Alright, I'm here to listen Xander," I gave him a warm smile. After exhaling Xander began to speak.

"I know we haven't known each other that long, but I feel like I've known you forever. You understand me better than anyone else has. When it was announced that you were going to marry my father it made me sick to think about it. Obviously because that should've never happened, but later it was because I was attracted to you," my heart skipped a beat but I didn't say anything. "When we would be at camp during the war I would find my feet carrying themselves to you. You were a mystery and I wanted to solve you. I wanted to spend every moment with you, I wanted to know all about you. I wanted to see the real you, not the perfect princess but the smart, sarcastic, rough-around-the-edges mage that you hide away.

"After king Garons death I realized that you would be heading back to Vimore but my heart ached at the thought. I knew I had fallen in love with you during our time together. Which is why I wish to ask," I wanted to say something so badly. Xander loves me, all this time he really has loved me. Xander took something out of his pocket and got down on one knee. My heart was beating so fast I felt it was going to burst. "Princess Victoria of Vimore will you marry me?" He opened the box and I barely could see the ring as my eyes clouded with tears.

I practically jumped on Xander as I wrapped my arms around him. "Yes! Xander yes! I love you Xander," I cried.

"You've made me the happiest man in Nohr Victoria," he said it sounded like he wanted to cry too. He squeezed me in a hug before standing us up and releasing me.