Act 6 Scene 3

We were about to open the door so Corrin could show us the supposed monster our father has become. But somewhere in my head I still couldn't be convinced.

"Corrin, just so we are clear. If beyond those doors is no monster but our father there will be consequences. I know father has not always treated you well, but if you have been lying to us you will be branded a traitor," I said.

"I understand Xander, but I really am telling the truth and I'll prove it. However if it turns out that I was wrong then I guess I do deserve a traitors death," Corrin said, I have a small sigh a little part of me hoped she was wrong because there's no way this could happen to our father, but at the same time I don't want to be responsible for killing Corrin, my own sister.

"It's time Corrin," Azura said and Corrin nodded and then opened the door.

At first I couldn't see anything, but when my eyes focused on the throne I was revolted.

The clothing, accessories and the axe were all my fathers but the body, it looked like sludge, a melted candle. I don't even know how to describe it.

"Father!" I cried out and many of my siblings voiced their reactions. The glob- my father rose from the throne and walked towards us.

"So you've seen my true form. You can't be aloud to live," he swiped his axe knocking back Camilla, Leo and Elise. Corrin rushed up to him.

"Now you all see, anyone who sits on the Hoshidan throne has their true self revealed. This is the real King Garon!" Azura said. This was difficult to comprehend. All these years I've been looking up to, praising, following this thing.

I stared at him in disbelief, I could see my siblings speaking but I drowned out there voices. How did this even happen?

I saw how Corrin's Yato wasn't hurting father however I couldn't bring myself to move.

"I know this man was once your father and I can understand that it must he hard to find it within yourself to fight him. I however have no emotion attachment to this thing," I looked over and it was Victoria who spoke and in her hand was a ball of magic and a tome floated in front of her. She spoke an incantation before launching it at father.

It hit him and he cried out as the magic got absorbed into the sludge. Father turned towards her and started making his way closer to her.

"You dare use your magic against me? You are supposed to be my weapon, my fiancée. My wife," he brought his axe up in the air and before in struck Victoria down I jumped in front of her with Siegfried out, blocking the attack. Behind me, Victoria let out a sigh of relief, no doubt she thought it was the end for her. I would never let that happen.

"What are you doing crown prince? Out of my way at once! How dare you raise that sword against me!"

"Don't talk to me as if you know me," I said deflecting the axe back cause Father to stumble. "You are not my father and I don't know how long you haven't been the King Garon I looked up to. I knew my father the best and you certainly aren't him. You've tarnished his legacy. I did notice when my father changed, but I never knew what caused it. And the actions that you've made, are ones that he never would've done. And as crown prince, your heir I've always done as you asked without question! Even when it was against my morals I was the loyal son! The faithful heir! But now I've seen the truth. The father I once loved has been dead for a very long time," all the twisted up, locked away, bottled up emotions went into what I said. I wanted to say more, I wanted to do more, I wanted to be by myself and let all of my emotions out. My frustration, my anger, my sadness, all of it.

"Xander, your right this isn't the father you remember. So please fight with me to restore his legacy, to get rid of the tarnished image you have of father," Corrin said coming to stand at my side with her Yato.

"You've shown me the truth Corrin, so I will fight by your side," I said then I noticed that Siegfried began to glow, Leo commented that the same thing happens to his tome. My Siegfried was giving Yato power.

With Corrin's Shadow Yato, as she called it she stood in front of father ready to fight.

"You think that with that glorified stick you'll be able to hurt me?" Father said with a laugh. Corrin then attacked him and her attacks worked this time.

"ThIs Is ImPpOsSiBlE i CaNt FalL tO a ChIlD," he called out. What every happens to Yato it certainly did something to him.

"My siblings this isn't Corrin's fight alone. We must fight for our kingdom and end this monster and allow our father soul to rest peacefully!" I called. My siblings answered my call to arms and I felt a hand get placed on my arm. Looking over I saw Victoria giving me a smile of encouragement with a nod.

The battle has begun.

The fight against the monster wasn't easy, we almost lost a few people, but we all held on tight. Everyone fought with everything they had. I've always known that I am most likely the strongest in the army, but right now, Victoria is giving me a run for my money. She plowed through the shadow fighters that father spawned. Now knowing the truth, I know how badly she's been waiting for this moment.

Once we all reached father Victoria was hurling all kind of spells at him and finally Corrin finished him off with Yato. It's all over.

"I rElLy ShOuLdVe KiLlEd YoU wHeN i HaD tHe ChAnCe. EvEn If AnAnKoS oRdErEd Me NoT tO," he called out.

"This isn't someone else's fault. Or your gods fault. All the decisions, all the choices they were yours. You created a monster out of our father. I chose the path different from yours because I- no, we all are masters of our own fates. This all could've been avoided. But now, your rein of terror is over and a rein of peace will begin," said Corrin and the father of rather the monster died. The corpse laid on the ground before it vaporized into water.

I walked over to Corrin who's stood looking down at the spot where the corpse just was. I placed a hand on her shoulder.

"You did the right thing Corrin. Father can Rest In Peace now," I told her.

"Yes. I just wish I could've gotten to know the real King Garon, the father you knew when you were young Xander. But he's gone, he's been gone a long time. Goodbye father," she replied and turned around to everyone. "The war is over! Let's go free the prisoners and the Hoshidan soldiers. I want to go see Sakura and then go find Hinoka-" then some kind of arrow flew past Corrin. We all looked to see the culprit. It was the Hoshidan prince. I though he was dead? Looking me closely, something looked wrong there was a strange aura emitting from him.

He was mumbling a lot and Corrin tried to talk to him. But then he starting shifting arrows at us. The first one missed, Corrin blocked the second one, but the third one hit her. Still she tried to reason with him.

"Corrin it's no use. He's been possessed by something like King Garon. You can't save him, he's been gone ever since he threw himself off the wall!" Azura said.

"No, that's impossible! I can't kill my own brother!"

"I'm sorry Corrin."

Corrin walked towards the possessed prince, speaking to him. Was she giving herself up for his peace of mind? Then before any of us could move. He shot her and she fell down.

"We all cried out and rushed over. She was gone. We were forced to defend ourselves against Takumi. We no longer had Corrin or Yato to aid us. It wasn't going well, Azura and myself have been hit my those arrows.

Then suddenly Corrin awoke and her sword was repaired. Takumi's arrow couldn't shatter it again.

"Corrin has returned everyone!" I cried. And my siblings all cheered as well.

"Takumi I'm sorry for everything that's happened to you, to your kingdom. But I promise that I will save them both! Everyone this is our final battle!" Said Corrin and she couldn't be more right.