Act 4 Scene 3

It was morning and I had just finished getting ready in my tent when I heard it open and someone walked in.

"Is everything alright milord?" It was Laslow, what was he doing here? Was I perhaps late getting up?

"Everything is fine Laslow," I turned to him giving a nod and a small smile. He turned to leave but I wanted ask him something that I knew he had expertise in. "Wait Laslow," he turned back to me. "Have you ever been in love?" He was slightly taken aback by my question but he smiled and answered me nonetheless.

"Of course milord. Many women have caught my eyes and captured my heart, although they will never admit it. But yes, once a long time ago I did find myself in love with a woman," a long time ago... is his hair color deceiving me? Is Laslow really an old man is disguise? That's off topic.

"How did you know you loved her?" Laslow must really think I'm strange this morning, never do I tend to talk personally to him and Peri, it's always Royal business.

"Well milord, I found myself wanting to be around her constantly. Even if I was taking a stroll around my feet would carry me to her. In battle I kept an eye out for her and wanted to be by her to protect her, although she carried herself in battle quite well swinging her weapon around like it was nothing. When we eventually got together my favourite times were when I would get off duty and head to her room-"

"That's enough Laslow."

"Are you sure milord I was getting to the best part!" I shook my head.

"I heard enough. But thank you Laslow, you can go back to your duties," he bowed and when he reached the entrance of my tent he said.

"Good luck with Victoria milord," and swiftly left leaving me slightly flabbergasted and I felt the heat rising to my face.

But one things for sure. While I did tell myself that I wanted to marry Victoria, I thought at first it was because I don't want her marrying father, but now I know it's because I love her.

Walking out of my tent I noticed Corrin heading towards me. "Good morning Corrin," I called as she got closer. Her features were scrunched up in deep thought.

"Morning Xander. I wanted your advice on something."

"Of course little princess. How can I help you?"

"Well there's a kingdom north of here called Izumo that Leo showed me on a map. I think we should head there and properly rest and regroup before heading into Hoshido," I doubt very many of us slept well last night. I kept anticipating an attack from more forces from Mokushu and we had plenty of soldiers on watch and surveying the perimeter keeping an eye out.

"That seems like a good plan, you've clearly thought this through. But remember Corrin, your the leader of all of us you make the decisions around here," although I'm still the crown prince of Nohr, father has Corrin in charge of us all, all the decisions are hers to make.

"I know Xander. It's difficult sometimes trying to think of the best course of action for all of us. Now I know what it's like to be in your shoes," her shoulders slumped and she let out a yawn. No doubt she didn't sleep much either last night.  I placed my hand on her shoulder and she looked up at me.

"It can be difficult to be a leader little sister, but you are doing very well. I'm quite proud of you Corrin. Now let's start gathering up the troops. I believe it to be best if we left immediately," she nodded and then left to start telling people to pack up. I too starting going in the opposite direction that Corrin went spreading the message. Then I found myself near Victoria's tent where she had just emerged fully dressed in a lovely gown that was tight at the waist where I'm sure she had a corset on and then flared out at her hips.