➼ 1

✦─◂▸⊹⚜️⊹◂▸─✦

✦─◂▸⊹⚜️⊹◂▸─✦

Unlocking the door to my new apartment, I stepped in inhaling the scent of my new home. I pulled in my luggage plopping myself on the couch.

How many days had I longed to move out to live on my own, just like my sister. The thought of living alone excited me as I wouldn't have my mom nagging about everything I do.

Don't get me wrong.

I love my mother.

But the fact that she never let me taste freedom was getting to me day by day.

Being treated like a child even after turning 18 can be annoying. So I decided to pursue my higher education in another country, Korea.

We had our graduation party a few months ago and I still remember the teary faces of my friends on our last day. Ah..how much I miss them now.

Travelling exhausted me but I felt my stomach growl so I decided to take care of that first.

Pressing the doorbell of the apartment opposite to mine, I stood there waiting for a response. A pale guy opened the door with a sleepy face.

"What?" He asked clearly annoyed of the fact that I interrupted his sleep.

"Hi, I'm Y/n. I just moved here so please can you tell me where the nearest restaraunt is?"

"It is at the end of this lane," He said and shut the door before I could thank him.

"Rude," I scoffed as I grabbed my phone and jacket heading out.

The night sky had set in by the time I stepped out. The entire street was illuminated only by a single lamp post which was flickering.

Spotting a small illuminated building by the end of the lane, I headed towards it. Though the restaurant had an 'open' board sign, the place was empty.

The bell chimed when I pushed the door open before taking a seat. Soon a fairly old man walked out of the kitchen towards me to take my order.

Not being sure if I was overthinking, but I spot a glint of mischief in his eyes. Once he walked back in, I pulled out my phone plugging my earphones turning on some music.

The food was taking longer than usual to arrive. Getting up, I knocked the kitchen door.

"Sir, why is it taking so long?"

I halted when I pushed the kitchen door to find it empty. Where did he go?

The kitchen had no other doors except one so he couldn't have come out without my knowledge. This scenario made me uncomfortable so I decided to leave the place.