➼ 37

✦─◂▸⊹⚜️⊹◂▸─✦

✦─◂▸⊹⚜️⊹◂▸─

Author's POV

"Whoa this is so beautiful," You gazed at the sky in awe.

"Yes indeed," The boy says staring at you.

As soon as you set foot on Seoul, the boy insisted on taking you somewhere peaceful since both of you had a rough day. So you both sat on top of an abandoned building gazing at the stars.

You raise an eyebrow at him feeling his stare but he doesn't look away.

Although it might seem like the end, you still had a bunch of unanswered questions.

And you were not letting go of Taehyung until he answers them all. Probably won't let go of him after that too.

"What was this portal you were talking about?"

"I uh...actually..." He drags scratching the back of his neck hesitantly.

"Jungkook isn't locked up in our secret hideout," He says.

"Then?"

"Jin had gone to get the black magic book leaving Yoongi alone in the mansion. That's when Jimin attacked Yoongi. Your friend believed that Jin had gone to get rid of Jaehyun but no, Jin knew the truth about Jimin from the beginning. He only pretended to help us to gain our trust."

You sensed the hurt in his words so you patted his back as a sense of comfort.

"Why did he need that book?"

"He was planning on destroying the book because it was the only doorway between the human and vampire world. So even if I saved you, you won't be able to go back to your world and they considered using you as their slave.

Before I came to know this, he had already sent Jungkook to burn the book so I rushed to stop him. We ended up fighting and unfortunately he set the book on fire so I left him to drag you back here before the portal vanquishes. So even after they wake up, they can't reach you or anyone here," Tae explains.

"Hey then how can you go back?" You gasp.

"I don't want to," He chuckles looking at you.

"Huh?"

"I've lived decades of my life working for Jin, completing missions, threatening and killing people. I don't know why but when I first met you, you reminded me of Jihyo. She was the only person who was capable of breaking the ice in my heart but after her death, I got even arrogant. When I met you, your smile, your gentleness, the way you spoke everything reminded me of her.
You showed me true emotions that I had missed all along. So I chose this path rather than that one and I've zero regrets," He smiles gleefully which you haven't seen him do at all.