1: Past Love

Her scared, face looking up at me pleadingly. Alice Storm: my destined mate, was perfect. She had bright baby blue eyes, and the softest strawberry blonde hair, but she was also beautiful on the inside; she was kind to everyone, had the most beautiful reassuring smile I had ever seen, and she was a warrior at heart. Alice was the kid who stood up for those who were bullied, she was smart and strong, one of the best combinations in the world.

So when I found out, at the age of 16, that she was my mate I was ecstatic. But there was one little problem, she had a boyfriend. You see Alice is 2 years older than me,18,so when she couldn't find her mate she decided to date this other werewolf she liked, she only kissed him, nothing more intimate than that because she knew she had a mate, out there somewhere. Her boyfriend, Louis, also had a mate but he couldn't find her. Alice and Louis both decided that if they found their mate that they would be with them, but Louis grew possessive and attached to Alice and when he found out she was going to leave, he wouldn't let her go. Alice tried to run away, and he killed her...... I was broken, lost and angry. Anger took over and my wolf, Red, surfaced. Red could feel the mate bond break and he was furious that someone killed our mate, so he killed Louis. To this day I regret killing him, because his mate is probably lost as well.
Just. Like. Me.

Then I met Bella Carter 2 years ago, my second chance mate, she was beautiful and I loved her. But sadly she didn't love me, she couldn't even feel the bond! And she already had a soulmate, Zack Eastwood, those two were in love. The soulmate bond is even stronger than the mate bond, so that's why Bella didn't feel the connection. I decided to reject Bella as my mate, because it would be best for the both of us, she would never accept me and love me and that would hurt me more than rejecting her and being alone. Bella accepted my rejection and she and Zack lived happily ever after while I'm stuck in my own sad world.

Sorry if this is a depressing beginning, but this is my life. I'm Liam Roberts, the Beta of the Northern Starr Pack. At age 22 I am trying to move on and live a life while I'm still young, but that is proving to be difficult. I am not depressed as many of you might believe but I am not happy either, I'm just neutral. I have a very important role as beta and can't let my sadness weigh me down, but without anyone to love I am very lonely and am slowly losing my old self. I used to be energetic and happy, I was smart and excited to start a life with my mate but now that will never happen.

"Beta Liam! There is a letter for you," Liana a pack maid calls

"Thank you Liana, please bring it to me," I reply

"Here you go sir, I think it's from Bell," she says handing me the letter. Liana and Bell became friends in the short period of time Bella was here, and they kept in contact.

"Thank you," I repeat

I hurriedly open the envelope, and unfold the paper:

~~~You're invited to~~~

Bella
&
Zack's

~~~Wedding~~~

Dear Liam Roberts

You are invited to Bella and Zack's Wedding, on the 10th of July 2018 4:30pm at Crystal Moon Lake. The reception will begin at 5:30 at Crystal Hotel.

Yours sincerely 

Bella & Zack

I smile at the invitation, Bella and Zack are such a nice couple and were meant to be. Still I miss her..... I notice the envelop has another letter in it and I open it and read:

Dear Liam

I hope that you are doing well, and have moved on. You are amazing, never forget that! I have a surprise for you at the wedding, so please come. I don't want you to be lonely for the rest of your life so please try to find someone special, they don't have to be your mate to make them special.

Love Bella Carter

See Bell has such a caring personality we haven't talked in about 2 years and she still cares for me, and I also kidnapped her.... I wonder what the surprise is, I better go shopping for a new suit, the wedding is in 2 weeks, so I'll head to the hotel in about a week.

A/N

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed my first chapter. And don't worry not the entire book will be in Liam's Pov, but he is the main character. 

Don't forget to vote, comment & share 👍😃 

Cya

Bookworms