28: Escape (Part 1)

"I've always wanted to have a superpower!" Khaleesi gushes like a little school girl.

"Technically you already have one," I point out, a small smile spreading across my face.

"Yeah I guess transforming into a wolf and healing fast is super cool, but it would be even cooler if I could do magic like you," She sighs in response.

"So, when are we escaping?" Khaleesi whispers, leaning in and going even quieter at the word 'escaping'.

"Soon, hopefully tonight. Do you remember the plan?" I ask, nerves surfacing but I shake them away and keep jogging.

"Yes ma'am, I will sneak into your room at around 9 and if anyone asks, I will tell them that Alpha Nicholas told me to bring you to training." She recites dutifully.

"Good, then we will go outside, and I will carry you over the fence as a bird, then we will leave. If there is any trouble though we will take them down together." I finish.

"Okay let's get back to jogging. Last one back is a rotten bone!" I call running off.

"Hey that's not fair!" I hear Khaleesi shout.

In a matter of seconds, I hear her footsteps behind me. Dang she's fast. I shouldn't have raced her, she's a werewolf while I'm only part wolf. I speed up my arms pumping, and eyes directed on the finish line. I am a step away. Yes, I have beat-No! Khaleesi speeds passing me at the last second.

I crouch over, my chest heaving and sweat running down my face. I am handed a water bottle and drench myself with it, wiping the water out of my face I turn to the winner. Khaleesi is staring at me with a smug look on her tanned, non-sweaty face.

"What! How have you not broken a sweat?" I ask my eyes wide.

"I dunno I just don't sweat too often," She shrugs in reply.

We head back inside ready for a quick shower then the gym. I get out of the shower the guard following me to the gym. I start with some sit ups, then burpees my mind wandering to my beloved mate. I miss the way he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to his side protectively, I miss his beautiful grey-blue eyes staring at me with adoration and I miss his soft lips giving me sweet kissing. Soon I will hopefully see him, to feel his warm embrace. All I need to do is be stealthy and get out of here without being noticed or fight off a pack of werewolves, shouldn't be too hard.

I hear someone calling my name and I quickly snap out of my fantasy.

"Layla?" A male's gruff voice asks me.

"Oh, yes." I answer turning to see a tall brown-haired guy standing in front of me.

"Well I just wanted to say that I think you are very beautiful, and I'd love to hang out some time." He states very awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck and adverting his hazel eyes.

"Well thank you, but who are you exactly?" I ask curious to see who my admirer is.

"Oh sorry, forgot to introduce myself, I'm Lucas," Lucas introduces himself.

"Okay well hello Lucas, but I'm afraid that your Alpha isn't allowing me to date anyone," I say, giving him a half truth.

"Oh, okay. Maybe just friends?" He asks hopefully.

"Alright," I agree.

"Now I must get back to training otherwise Nicholas will punish me," I state.

"We wouldn't want that happening, would we." Lucas waves goodbye and goes back outside.

After dinner I am locked in my room and start reading. But my mind is too restless, and I eventually give up and go over my plan. It's eight-thirty so Khaleesi should be here soon. I hear the pack house emptying through the walls, only 1 or 2 voices can be heard. The guard doesn't follow me when Khaleesi is with me, so all we have to do is get to the gates and we will have at least a 3 hour head start or we will fight off as many people as we can, hopefully starting with Nicholas.

"Miss King, Khaleesi is here to bring you to training. Go get ready," The guard says monotone.

"Okay," I rush inside and put on some leggings and crop top throwing a black loose shirt over it and a leather jacket.

"Quick Miss King, or you will be late." Khaleesi states.

"I'm coming," I sigh.

We walk out together me in front of Khaleesi, we head outside and check around us. Tonight, Nicholas is out at the pub with a few mates, he goes there every Thursday until about 2 in the morning. Then he comes home and always likes to kiss and stuff, he hasn't mated with me though. We walk towards the gym collecting our bags with food and clothes in them, then we sneak around the back I fly Khaleesi over the fence then go back to grab the bags when I see a person. I gesture for Khaleesi to hide and move to perch in a tree.

I fly over the fence then transform and start running. Khaleesi follows. I see a car and Nicholas jumps out spotting me. Khaleesi readies herself, but I push her back and hide her. I run away from Khaleesi and lead Nicholas towards me. He is still drunk though and stumbles through the forest, giving me a head start. But soon he sobers up and he starts to gain on me. I speed up and push myself harder than ever, then I am barrelled over by a heavy body.

"Hello Princess," Nicholas grins his disgusting breath fanning my face.

A/N

Hope you enjoyed.

Please vote and comment.

Poor Layla, what will happen now?

Cya

Bookworms