36: Breaking Down

Liam's POV

Soft sobs call me awake.

I force my eyes open, blinking rapidly.

I turn my head to the source of the sobs and see a person hunched over, their head in their hands and brown-blonde hair falling over their face covering it-Layla, my beautiful Layla.

"Layla?" I rasp, longing to hold her.

"Liam! Baby, I missed you." She replies jumping up and gently hugging me.

"What happened? And why were you crying?" I ask, kissing her.

"You were hit by one of the more powerful wolves, and your nerve is damaged. But as you're a werewolf you will hopefully make a full recovery. I was crying because you have been out for 4 days," Layla explains.

"I'm sorry babe, but it will be fine." I comfort, as I'm a Beta I don't get easily upset unless it has something to do with those I love, mainly Layla.

"Oh, good Beta Liam you're awake. We need to take some quick tests then I'll be out of your fur." The doctor says.

He pokes and prods, taking blood tests and then leaves Layla and I alone.

"So, did we win?" I ask expectantly.

"Of course, we did, and I did some work on Nicholas but saved him for you." Layla laughs.

"That's good." I smile in return, happier now that she's smiling.

"Hello Layla, Beta Liam. I have the results and unfortunately Liam I believe that you could be infertile as the damage to your nerve has affected the sperm morphology," the nurse says solemnly.

"Excuse me?" I ask confused.

"The nerve damage has affected the shape of the sperm, causing you to be infertile. We are running more tests to confirm it." She replies.

"Thank you, Elise," Layla says to the nurse.

"I'll leave you guys to process this information," Elise says kindly.

"No, this can't be happening. It's not fair to you," I shake my head, defiant.

"It's ok Liam. We can adopt, don't worry I still love you." Layla kisses me reassuringly.

"Thank you, babe, I love you so much," I reply.

"I'll go get some food for you, I'll be back soon." Layla says getting up.

Layla leaves the room and me to sit in my thoughts.

Now Layla will never have a family of her own

Stupid wolf, why'd you have to hit my nerve. If he was alive, I'd kill him slowly, along with Nicholas of course.

Oh, I can't wait to kill him, he was the reason that Layla's and my life has turned upside down.

Why is my beautiful Princess so nice, she just makes it harder for me to deal with the news?

The thoughts swirl around my head, overwhelming me. My heart breaks for my girl, as the news really sinks in. It's true she will never have kids with me, they will never be blood bound.

"Liam? Babe please calm down, it's ok." Layla softly pleads, breaking me from my thoughts.

"I'm so sorry," I apologise repeatedly.

"Come on, let's go outside." She suggests, brushing it off.

"I can't walk." I state obviously.

"Yeah I know, I can push you in a wheelchair." She offers, giving me the wheelchair.

I slowly slide into the chair, with the help of Layla's powers. And then she wheels me outside into the small garden, I hear her gasp in awe at the beauty of it.

A giant weeping willow towers above us, and many smaller trees are scattered around the garden with brightly coloured flower garlands covering them with benches underneath them

I look up at her, and she puts the garden to shame. Her stunning tan face glows in delight, while her large chocolate eyes shine looking at everything wondrously and her beautiful brown-blonde hair cascades down her back.

I'm so whipped by my Princess and I couldn't be happier. We'll make this work and get past this obstacle like every other one.

Layla meets my gaze and smiles softly, blushing, already knowing I was admiring her. She leans down kissing me slowly but passionately, I quickly respond and kiss her back deepening the kiss and pulling her onto my lap. She straddle my lap and I gently kiss her neck, she moans as I suck on her neck leaving a hickey.

"Miss Layla, Beta Liam I um-have some news..." Elise interrupts us awkwardly, avoiding eye contact.

Layla goes to get of my lap, but I hold her hips. Instead she just turns to face Elise, her cheeks flaming.

"Continue." I say calmly, ignoring the fact she just saw Layla and I making out.

"Um, well it is confirmed that the nerve has affected the sperm. I'm sorry sir." Elise says sadly.

"That's ok," I instantly reply, surprising Elise, Layla and myself.

"Ok, well you will have to stay in the hospital for another day, so we can monitor you then you can go home as long as you go the therapy 3 times a week." Elise informs us, and we nod obediently.

"Well I'll leave you to it then," Elise excuses herself, shuffling away occasionally looking back at us.

"I can't believe it, she must've heard me moan so loud." Layla groans, once Elise has left.

"I thought it was sexy," I smirk.

"Thanks babe," a smile lights up her face, as she kisses me.

"No worries," I mumble, grabbing her hips and pulling her to me.

A/N

Merry Christmas for 4 days ago😊

Vote and comment please.

What's your favourite movie/series on Netflix. Mine's Brooklyn 99

Cya

Bookworms