22: Issues

Layla's POV

I've already come so far in my training since I first found out about the threat, that was about a month ago. I've learnt how to morph into any type of animal and control air and water, then I can also sense body heat and read people's thoughts, I know it's dangerous, but I am working on learning how to control people's thoughts so they're kind of like my minions.

I head to the kitchen, a skip in my step. I am so ready for the wolves who want me/Natasha. I stride into the kitchen with my head held high, letting everyone know that I'm confident and happy. I spot Liam and skip over to him wrapping my arms around his torso, I rest my head on his shoulder and take a deep breath of the delicious smell of omelettes.

"Morning baby," Liam says grinning broadly.

"Morning Prince Charming," I reply returning his grin.

"You're looking bright and happy today, why's that?" He notices.

"Well I'm just feeling confident about the whole wolves thing," I say proudly, earning a chuckle from Liam.

"Okay, well I hope you like omelettes because Ryan and I are making the best ones ever. He's added red onions, bacon, shallots, tomatoes, mixed herbs, garlic and salt." Liam praises his and Ryan's work.

"That sounds mouth-watering, but I think you're burning the omelette," I muse with a glint of amusement in my eyes.

"Oh shoot," He says, quickly removing the omelette from the pan.

We sit down to eat, and Stella happily serves me my omelette. Stella and I have been getting along nicely, not nearly as close as Ryan and Liam though. They're not best friends, yet. But they like to talk and hang out most days, since I started training. I've decided to spend more time with Liam this week though, because I feel bad about leaving him alone.

I love that he cares for me so much, and that day where I trained for hours on end and he stayed up with me, even when I pushed him away. I remember him being worried about another male wolf mating me.

~~~~~

"Layla, I wanted to inform you that if you aren't mated to me, fully mated I mean, then another male wolf could have sex with you and my mark on you would vanish," Liam's anxious face studies at me.

"So you want to make love to me?" I ask confused as to where this is going.

"Basically, yes. But I know that you don't want to have sex before marriage," He answers, looking at his hands.

"Yeah, but technically aren't we, in the werewolf world married? So I could make an exception," I say, biting my lip as I think it over.

"Yes technically we are married, but we can wait for a bit until you know for sure you are ready. I'm not pushing you," He replies softly, causing my heart to melt.

"Anyway, anyone with a brain wouldn't dare mate with a Beta female," Liam reassures me, looking up with a sudden boost of confidence.

"Okay, well I promise you won't have to wait to long," I grin, love for my mate filling me.

~~~~~

And we still haven't made love yet, it's not that I'm nervous I really want to but I don't know if it's the right decision. I am contemplating whether I should surprise him and tell him I'm ready in a few days, I love him and he loves me and we're mates which means we re going to spend the rest of our lives together I may as well make sure our bond doesn't break.

"This is amazing," I moan through a mouthful of omelette.

"Thanks," Ryan says giving me a small smile.

"You guys should cook more often," Stella says jokingly.

"We should, but we don't want to," Liam replies cheekily.

I stuff myself with the best omelette I've ever had and lean back in my chair taking a sip of orange juice. After a few minutes of sitting there watching everyone eat I get up to watch some TV. Liam, Stella and Ryan all join me and we spend the day, until about 5 in the afternoon watching Netflix without the chill part. 

Suddenly I start to feel a bit sick, and rush to the bathroom, saying I'll be a minute. I vomit in the toilet and wipe my face with my hand sighing. How did I get sick so quickly? I felt fine this morning. I slowly rise to my unsteady feet, and clutch the bench groaning at my reflection, I'm pale and have some saliva on my face. Then my legs give out and I hold onto the bench, my eyes fluttering closed. Before I slip into unconsciousness I see a tall figure looming in the shadows....

A/N

Cliffhanger...

Hope you liked it, if so please comment and vote.

Cya

Bookworms