8: Reading Up

A/N: Hey Guys, I am super happy! Overnight I got 400 more views! Thanks for reading, voting and commenting. This chapter I'm asking for 5 comments (from different people) and 5 votes, thanks! 💙 Thought this was true (The quote)

"I'm home!" I call out to silence.

"Hello?" I try again

"Hey,  Liam" Luna Susan says smiling

"Hey, where is everyone? I thought I'd get some sort of welcome" I joke

"Well the pups are on a school camp, and Alpha Lawrence is in his office. Hasn't been out for the past 2 days" Luna Susan informs me

"Oh, well thank you Luna. I will go check on the Alpha" I reply bowing.

"Liam will you stop, we've known each other for 7 years and you still insist on acting all formal" Luna sighs shaking her head.

"Sorry Luna, it's the way I've been taught. If it makes you any feel better, I've know Lawrence since I was 10 and I still call him Alpha....most of the time" I reply shrugging.

"Okay, thanks" Luna says waving it off.

"Knock, knock. It's your favourite Beta" I laugh, barging into my Alpha's office.

"Hello Liam, how was the wedding? As awkward as you planned?" Lawrence says with humour 

"No actually, I met a woman...." I pause waiting for him to react.

"That's great, as long as you don't let her get between your duty as a beta. Now continue..." Lawrence states

"Anyway, she is really sweet and beautiful, but she has trust issues. She and I have a connection we can both feel it, but she doesn't want to get hurt and let herself like me" I say sadly

"Okay, so fight for her if you have a true connection and you think she's the one, then fight for her" Lawrence says sternly

"Yes sir." I mock salute getting up.

"Oh and I'm going to go researching in the library, if there is any papers for me send them to the library" I notify Lawrence 

~~~~~~

I head to my room, and unpack all my stuff.And my thoughts drift to none other than Layla,she must believe that I've never hurt anyone in my life, the way I act with her. As those sappy people say, 'love can change you'. In reality though, as a beta I'm fierce, strong and determined. If anyone or anything is harming my pack, I will stop them at all costs, that's what makes me such a good beta and that I'm very patient and calm...when I need to be.

 I am one of the best warriors here, apart from the Luna and Alpha and the 2 head warriors Aydan and Mel. All of the pack members are taught how to fight from the age of 6, because they won't shift until they are 10 so they need some sort of protection. We are gaining status in the werewolf world as well, thanks to us being alliances with sona's (Magic people eg. Layla, Bella). So we have less rogues trying to enter our land.

I head to the library, the books are grouped into categories like food books, books about mates and so on. I walk over to the 'm' section, looking for moon goddess and mates. Hmmm....No not that, close but I'm not looking for moon gods. Ah ha! Found it, The way the moon goddess thinks. And..... More about mates!

I read through about half of the book before something catches my eye:

The Moon goddess chooses a mate for every werewolf, and sometimes if she sees that she put a werewolf with the wrong mate or the werewolf's mate is unfaithful or dies they are given a second chance mate. The second chance mate can either be another werewolf who doesn't have a mate anymore or a human. Third chance mates, have never been heard of in the werewolf world. So we don't know if the moon goddess has given or will give anyone the pleasure of finding a third mate. Werewolves have found themselves other partners, that are human, if the are rejected or their mate dies, but I don't know if that would count as a third mate. But people say that if the moon goddess knows your heart and sees you did no wrong with your second chance she will bless you with another mate.....

So maybe the moon goddess did make me a third mate, as I only rejected Bella so she could be happy. But I don't know for sure and if I don't know for sure then I can't get Layla's hopes up. I keep searching in books for hours, finding nothing, then I see it a small old, dusty diary. I pick it up curious, opening it I see the name Thomas O'Brien, seems ordinary. I flip to a random page and start reading:

5th of March 1990

Today my beautiful Janet left me, she rejected me because she already found her 'other half' but I was her mate, her other half, destined to be together forever. Janet only found him a few days ago, but she insisted that there was a connection, something special, so to make her happy I accepted the rejection.

Now I'm sitting here all alone again, do you remember when I found my first mate....Tina. Still I'm mourning over her even though it's been 8 years, since she passed..... I guess today is a sad day for me, I hope I find someone, one day. Someone that will stay with me, for longer than a year. But as they say, the moon goddess was nice enough to give me a second chance mate, I should be grateful.

"Liam, dinner's ready" Lianna calls, interrupting me.

"Thanks, I'll be right down" I reply, tucking the book under my arm. Thomas O'Brien's story sounds just like mine and I want to find out what happens. I've never been too big on reading, yes I've read some books like Harry potter because everyone kept saying that it was awesome, so I had to see for my self. But now I'll read this every night until I get answers.

A/N

Hey guys, hope you liked it. If you did please vote and comment it means I'm doing a good job.

Don't forget 5 comments and votes.👍 

And keep thinking of ship names, please😊💕 Whichever one I believe is the best I will use it in the book, and/or follow them if I'm not already!

Cya

Bookworms