21: Tired & Anxious

"That was the best date ever!" I hear a happy shriek echoing down the hall, and a small smile graces my tired face.

"Thanks, I had a great time as well," Ryan's voice replies, and I see them walking hand in hand towards me.

"Hello lovebirds," I greet them, embracing Stella and shaking Ryan's hand.

"Hey Beta Liam," they answer in unison.

"Don't stay up too late," I warn, looking at my watch.

"Beta what are you doing up so late? It's 11," Stella asks, noticing the time.

"I am doing paperwork and waiting for Layla to finish training," I inform them, sighing I take a gulp of my coffee.

"Okay, well we'll leave you to your Beta work," Ryan says curtly, pulling Stella away.

"Thanks, see you guys in the morning." I call out after them.

I slowly get up out of my comfy chair and stride towards the glass door, I walk to it slide it open peering out into the darkness. After my eyes adjust to the faint light the moon gives off, I see Layla with wisps of blue light floating around her. I think she is still trying to control air, but I don't know for sure since I haven't spoken to her for about 6 hours only watching her to make sure she doesn't get hurt or pass out from exhaustion.

I sigh and head back inside, to my comfy grey chair and desk lit by a small reading light scattered with papers. I sit down and start working again.

I am rudely woken as sunlight fills the room, streaming through the glass windows and doors. Sitting up I rub my eyes, then remember that Layla could still be outside. I rush to get to the door tripping over pillows and papers. Layla is sitting in the grass in a dazzling white dress, her beautiful brown-blonde hair flowing behind her in the breeze as she sits cross legged, her brown eyes hidden. I stand there at the door, admiring my gorgeous mate for a few minutes until I'm interrupted by a cough behind me. I turn to see Ryan in jeans and a black shirt causally standing against the counter with his arms crossed.

"What are you doing?" I ask curiously.

"Nothing really, but I was wondering, you haven't mated Layla yet have you?" He asks bluntly.

"No, but what's it to you?" I snap, a bit defensively.

"Well I wanted to see if I should mark and mate Stella tonight." He replies calmly, ignoring the fact that I snapped at him.

"Oh, well-yeah sure but don't be to loud." I say, feeling awkward and ashamed.

"We won't I promise Beta. Oh and if your Beta female is mated doesn't that mean that other males can mate with her?" Ryan asks

"Yes that does mean she can be mated by other wolves, but if they have any brains they'll see that I already marked her as mine." I answer confidently.

"Okay thanks Beta Liam," Ryan says, strolling back down to his room.

~~~~~

I turn back to Layla and seeing her instantly calms me down. I don't know what I'd do if another male mated with her. It would probably tear me and Red apart, it might have been hard to see Bella with another guy, and even worse feeling Alice die but I've gotten to know Layla and I've marked her which means I'm bonded to her so much closer than Alice and Bella.

I would have to endure the pain of my mate being sexually assaulted and I would probably have no control over it. Which would drive Red insane, and then my poor Layla she would be traumatised and probably never trust anyone ever again. Why am I over thinking this so much, it's not like anyone is really going to try and have sex with a Beta female who is marked. But I should talk to Layla about this....

I am snapped out of my thoughts when I catch a whiff of my mate's delicious scent, it wraps around me creating a bubble of roses and sweet rain. I snap my eyes up to see her tanned smiling face as she walks towards me her dress flying around her. I open the door and run to embrace her, holding her like I haven't see her in years but that's what it felt like for me. Suddenly she kisses me, and I quickly respond pressing against her and kissing her roughly. After a few intense seconds we pull away for air, and I look at her flustered face and peck her lips once more.

"Wow! That was good." Layla says breathlessly.

"Yeah, I missed you baby." I agree intertwining our hands.

"I missed you too, that's why I can't wait to spend some time together," She replies.

"Me too, and I need to talk to you about mating...." I say trailing off.

"Okay, let's go have some food first though," Layla grins broadly, like mating didn't bother her.

A/N

Hey guys, hope you enjoy. Please vote and comment.

I'm making another dedication page!

Cya

Bookoworms