38:Reveal

Liam's POV

I slowly hobble to Layla laying on the bed, staring at the ceiling. It's been 6 months since the fight and I can shuffle to things now. Layla is 7 months along the pregnancy and it's been surprisingly good, she's been a bit emotional and has snapped at me over small things, but it's doesn't bother me.

Today is the day we find out the gender of the baby, we've thought of some names but haven't chosen because we don't know the gender yet. Layla's had her check-ups to make sure everything is healthy and we're waiting for the ultrasounds, hopefully we'll get them today. for some reason Doctor Mario hasn't showed us them yet.

"I'm so excited, baby," Layla sighs, turning her head towards me with a big grin on her face.

"Me too, then we can finalise the name." I reply my smile widening.

"Ok, I'm ready to go." Layla says sitting up slowly.

"Alrighty, let's go" I say helping her to her feet

~~~~~

"Layla I'd like you to lay down for me, and I will do a quick check-up." Doctor Mario instructs.

"What about the ultrasounds?" I ask.

"Oh right, Alpha and Luna took them as a surprise for you." He replies turning his attention to me.

"Oh," Layla says, her excitement clearly disappearing a little.

"It'll be exciting babe, I'm sure we won't have to wait too long." I comfort, and her smile returns as she listens to me.

"All done Layla," Doctor Mario announces.

"All healthy the baby should be due anywhere between a 5-7 weeks, around Christmas," He continues.

"Ok, thanks doc." Layla says climbing off the bed.

We walk back to our room, Layla lays on the bed grabbing a book while I sit at the desk working on my laptop.

About an hour passes before Layla breaks the silence," I can't believe our baby might be a Christmas bub."

"Yeah, any new names?" I inquire.

"Violet, it's a character in my book." She says shrugging.

"What book?" I ask peering at the cover.

"A series of unfortunate events, the vile village," She says showing me the book," It was one of my favourites as a teen."

"Cool, maybe I'll read it-"I say before being rudely interrupted.

"Beta Liam and Layla, we need you downstairs, Stella is crying about her 'mate'." Steven rolls his eyes.

"Ok we'll be down." I answer.

"Maybe you should stay here, there's no use for you to come if it's so small." I advise Layla.

"No, Stella need help from me not the guy she used to like." Layla brushes me off, standing up and walking to the door.

I follow as quickly as possible, kissing Layla on the corner of her lips as she waits for me. Her face heats a slightly and I smirk in amusement.

"Layla and Liam, good I need you to come with me." Stella grins.

"I thought-" Layla begins.

"Yeah yeah, I was supposed to be crying over that idiot. But I'm fine, just come with me." Stella cuts her off, shaking her head.

"Is this about the baby's gender?" I ask, suspicious.

"Maybe..."she replies

"Layla and Liam, my favourite mates you're finally here!" Susan greets us happily.

"Since Layla is magic, and Liam is a beta werewolf we have gotten the sona's to help." Lawrence states loudly for the pack to hear.

"And we have made necklaces that fit together, like you two, and when they connect tiny fireworks will explode around you also normal fireworks. Then we have cake as well." Susan finishes.

"Oh, yum, cake." Layla says happily, completely missing the important stuff.

"And fireworks, and the gender of our bub." I encourage Layla to remember the rest of it.

"Right our baby!" Layla grins, causing me to chuckle at her.

"Necklaces please." Lawrence calls.

Jade and Khaleesi carry the necklaces on separate pillows and hand them to us. I help put it on Layla and she does the same for me.

I study our necklaces, mine is a silver moon shape and Layla's is a gold sun with small jewels in it. Lawrence nods his head, and we connect them. Tiny fireworks flash around the necklace, they're pink....

"It's a girl!" Layla and I look at each other beaming.

"Time for cake," Lawrence announces, and cries of happiness starts.

We cut the cake slowly, and inside there are 2 shades of pink swirled together. As soon as we hit the bottom of the cake pink wind dances around us, and morph into 2 little girls holding hands.

"Why are there 2 girls?" Layla asks confused.

"You're having twins!" Susan squeals happily, fireworks go off afterwards.

"Wow." I breath.

"Yeah, we're having twins babe." Layla smiles, kissing me slowly and gently.

"Dig in everyone." I say, grabbing a piece of cake and pulling my beautiful mate aside.

"Let's go have some time to ourselves." I say leading her to our cabin.

We sit on the deck eating our cake, and soon everyone is outside dancing below us. Layla laughs in delight as she watches our friends. I cough to grab her attention and start to kneel in front of her. The music stops, and everyone looks up at us.

"I know we aren't technically mates, but I love you so much. You are always there for me, and I will promise to do the same for you. We have gotten through everything the world has thrown at us, and it's only made us stronger. So, Layla King will you marry me?" I ask, pouring my heart out to the girl I love.

"Yes! Liam I love you so much, thank you." Layla replies, tears glistening in her beautiful dark eyes.

I slip the rose gold, pearl ring on her finger and stand to hug her, tears of happiness and relief run down my face.

A/N

Hey Bookworms, so I might not go into detail about their wedding, because I suck at explaining them.

Vote and comment if you enjoyed. Also, if you have any baby names, please comment them.

Love you guys, we're almost done

Cya

Bookworms