10: Visiting The Answers

A/N: Hey Guys, Hoping to get more comments in this chapter please! At least 4 comments, thanks. And.....I got 2.4k reads! 😊 Do you guys like Layla's POV? 

"Hey Princess Laya" I joke, bowing.

"Hello, Prince Charming" Layla plays along.

"Are you ready to leave, princess?" I ask

"Yes thank you good sir" She giggles

"Then let's go!" I shout, laughing.

We hop back into my car, heading off to Thomas O'Brien's place; Humming Court, 24 Ring St about an hour and a half drive from here, give or take. We are going for the day, hopefully getting home by 3, depending on how friendly Thomas is. I look over to Layla, excited and nervous abut finding out about our connection. 

"So.....how'd you find out about Mr O'Brien?" Layla asks me

"Well I found his diary in the library at our pack house, then I started reading and found a section on third chance mates" I reply giving her the book.

"So we could be mates?" She inquires, tilting her head, confusion written on her beautiful face.

"Yeah....We could be mates, but I don't know for sure since I've never heard of a third mate" I explain

"If we are third mates, what happens?" She asks anxiously

"Well, you would come and live with me as the beta female. You could still work as a sona though, especially since we have allied with your team" I answer, waiting for a reaction.

"Okay. I'm going to read, kay?" She says causally 

"So you're good with this mate  thing?" I ask

"Yep. Have you read Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children?" She asks like our whole conversation seconds ago, is forgotten.

"No, I don't normally read. The only books I have read voluntarily are harry potter books, and books about werewolves" I reply

"Okay, well you should read more. It helps with relieving stress" She states, going back to reading.

For the next hour we sit in silence, me driving and Layla reading, calling Bella and sleeping. I pull up outside of a very beautiful house, with giant glass windows, around the curved building and a pool on top of the 2 storey white, house you'd think that it stood out. But it didn't, the rest of the neighbourhood had even more luxurious houses, making this piece of fine architecture look dull and boring. 

I gently tap Layla on the shoulder,in hope to not startle her. She doesn't stir, I lightly shake her and she just lays there sleeping. Then I decide just to tell her to wake up. I shout for her to wake up a few times, and still nothing. This woman can sleep. I carry her out of the car bridal style, and try to place her on her feet, she almost falls to the ground, luckily I catch her. I pick her up again, deciding to walk inside with her. I knock, and hear footsteps coming closer. Just before the door opens, Layla jumps awake and startles me, making me almost drop her.

"Hello, what can I do for you?" Thomas, I'm assuming, asks.

"Are you Thomas O'Brien?" I ask

"Maybe...Why?" He asks, eyeing us suspiciously.

"Because we have come here to seek answers about third mates" I reply 

"I don't no nothing about third mates" He replies grouchily 

"Tom, who's at the door?" A lady calls

"No one, they were leaving" He replies

"No actually we have come for answers about third mates" I shout

"Really? Well you might as well come in, I'm sorry if we can't provide you with answers" The lady says, opening the door for us politely. 

We walk into the house, admiring the beauty of it. I hear muffled shouts coming from the hallway, they must have soundproofed the walls. We sit in the lounge room, waiting for them to come to us.

"Does anyone want a drink?" The lady asks

"Yes, thank you" Layla replies

"Yes, please" I answer

"Okay. Oh and sorry, forgot to introduce ourselves. I'm Eliza and this is Tom, he can be grumpy at times" Eliza smiles reassuringly.

"Hello Sir. I'm Liam and this is Layla" I introduce myself, and Layla.

"Hello. What do you want to know about third mates?" He asks. Tom looks to be roughly 45-50. His light brown hair, graying at the roots. He has olive skin, with hazel eyes and is roughly 165 cm or 5'4 (feet). 

"We wanted to know, if third mates are real. I found this, your diary and read that you thought that Eliza  was your third mate" I answer

"I've been looking for this for years, lost it a few weeks after I met Eliza. Look kid, third mates haven't been heard of, so I'd say let it go" Tom says

"Tom just tell them the truth, please" Eliza says handing us our drinks. Eliza has cream coloured skin, with auburn waves, and standing at 160 cm, or 5'2 (feet). 

"Fine. Yes third mates do exist, but we are the only ones. I believe" Tom says

"So, we could be third mates?" I asks hopefully

"Yes you could. But to know for certain, you have to visit the moon goddess, and to do that you need a potion" Tom answers

"Do you have that potion?" Layla asks

"Yes, but you will have to stay the night so we can monitor you" Eliza responds

"Okay, then can we stay the night and use some of your potion?" I ask trying not to sound pushy.

"Maybe" Tom says

"We'll talk" Eliza buts in.

They come back a few minutes later. 

"We discussed it, as long as you prove to us that you won't tell anyone about us we will let you use the potion" Eliza informs us

"And how will we prove to you that we are trustworthy?" Layla asks

"Shoot each other" Tom answers, a glint in his eye.

A/N 

What will happen! 

Don't forget 4 votes, otherwise I won't update. Thanks💙 

Cya

Bookworms