17: The 3 M's

A/N: For those of you who are willing, try to figure out what the 3 M's are. Good Luck! 

Liam's POV

I stare helplessly at Layla, or maybe it's Natasha. I can't tell because her eyes are still, after 4 days, shut tightly. After Nat screamed and fell unconscious, I rushed her to the pack doctor and was informed that Layla has gone into a sort of coma because of the shock of something....

I really hope that she wakes up soon, because I need her I can't let my last chance get away. And the pack is very confused about who she is, I lied and told them that she is a sona here to inspect our pack. Unfortunately, some pack members aren't buying my story as I am spending the majority of my time with her, but I can't just leave my mate here by herself because mates can help each other heal faster.

I hear a soft knock and turn to see Liana standing, with her eyes downward and hands clasped in front of her, at the door, "Hello Beta Liam, I just wanted to bring you breakfast and check on Layla." She whispers, curtsying low.

"Thank you, Liana. I am very grateful to have such a good maid," I nod my head, signalling she can leave.

I turn back to Layla and sigh, rubbing my eyes. For someone who is a coma, Layla looks very good her tanned body has a soft glow to it, the edges blurring a bit. At first I was worried, but apparently that is what sonas with 'Source for sona's' (SFS) do to help themselves heal. There are a lot of threats to sonas with SFS' so they give the sona more magic to help them heal.

Grabbing the paperwork I need to fill out, I get started on work for the day. After 2 hours of work I stand up slowly on my jelly like legs, and shuffle to the bathroom. When I drag my feet back to the room I see Layla-no it's Natasha hovering a few centimetres above the bed. I double take and rub my eyes to make sure I'm not dreaming then I stumble towards her, tears filling my eyes, a giant grin stretches across face.

Natasha smiles softly, reminding me of a mother smiling at her child who accomplished something, "Hello Liam I've been wanting to meet you for so long, but not in these circumstances."

"Me too," I say a little breathless.

"What are the circumstances exactly?" I ask scratching my neck, and looking anywhere but at Nat.

"Well I am being hunted by a pack of wolves, and the prisoner is one of them," Nat explains, walking towards me her blue eyes glowing brightly.

"And they want to kill myself, all of the other 'Source for sonas' and everyone I love....including you," she continues, tears glistening in her beautiful eyes. I embrace her and hold her to my chest her chin resting on my shoulder.

"Beta Liam, I just need to che- Oh sorry, didn't mean to interrupt. I will come back later to check on Layla." The pack doctor mumbles curtsying and exiting.

"Is Layla alright?" I ask biting my lip

"Yes, she's fine, she doesn't even know about the wolves because I blocked that memory from her. She is in the back of my mind, sleeping." Nat informs me, looking me dead in the eyes warningly.

I sigh, my other princess is safe. "That's great, so are you going to tell Layla?"

"I guess I have to, because she needs to unlock more powerful powers and learn how to use them if we want to beat the wolves," she sighs, her head resting back on my shoulder.

"Okay, so wake Layla up then we can start training today." I reply, excitement rushing to me.

Nat nods slowly, then closes her big blue eyes. I can sense that Layla and Nat are having a conversation, since it is similar to talking to your wolf. After a few minutes Layla's beautiful chocolate eyes appear, creating a wide grin to spread across my face.

Layla skips over to me and embraces me happily, "Hey Prince Charming, Nat told me about the wolves and training. So soon I'll be able to morph into a wolf with you!" She says her eyes lighting up.

"Yes I know, I can't wait to see your wolf. When should we start training?" I ask

"After I have something to eat, and they check up on me," Layla says matter-of-factly.

~~~~~

I sit watching Layla with her eyes scrunched together, and fists balled tightly. She has been trying to morph for the past 3 hours and hasn't gotten anywhere, yet. I wish I could help her, but I can't because I know nothing about magic, so I am just sitting at the table doing Beta work. We are at a small cabin in the woods, for guests. I go back to my work, but out of the corner off my eye I see wisps of blue smoke coming out of Layla's balled fists. I go to speak but hold my tongue in case I distract her and they go away, instead I sit and give Layla my full attention.

The wisps slowly grow up her arm, wrapping itself around her arms like snakes. They soon encase her in a cocoon like shell and then she is transformed into a beautiful wolf with a mix of blue and white fur, the wolf's eyes are bright blue meaning Nat is in control as the wolf.

Nat comes up to me, and I realise she is only a little smaller than me in wolf form. She licks my hand and nuzzles me, I rush to transform into Red and we run outside to play. Frolicking, and rolling in the grass with daises scattered around the area none of them near each other as if they dislike one another.

Nat starts getting tired and she accidently transforms, leaving behind Layla's naked, sleeping body. Red runs up to her and sniffs her, gently nuzzling her neck. Then he lays down next to her, not letting me transform back. Then Red gets the idea that he should mark her, to make sure no other male can take away our princess. I shout at him to stop but he ignores me, and leans over her placing his fangs at the spot we are supposed to mark, I shout curse words at him over and over but he cuts me off and marks her. I can't help but be slightly pleased that she is finally marked, so that other males know she is not single.

Layla jolts awake, "What the hell happened? And why does my neck hurt?"

A/N

Hey guys, don't forget to vote and comment.

What will Layla's reaction be to being marked without consent?

What are the 3 M's? 

Cya

Bookworms