14: Different Side

A/N: Hey bookworms, 6.8k!  5 votes & comments thanks. 

Before the looming figure can get anywhere near my precious mate I swiftly jump on him, transforming as I jump. I sink my claws in his back and pull him to the moon light so I can see my opponent, it's a large grey male wolf. 

The moon shines brightly on us, like a spotlight at a concert. He snarls at me and goes to bite my neck, but as I'm slightly smaller than him I dodge it with ease. Before he can regain his balance I jump on his back and  draw out more blood with my claws, and bite his shoulder not wanting to kill him, just yet. With a mighty push I leap off his back making him stumble with the force of the jump, he walks around me stumbling but not giving up, stupid wolf. 

He runs lopsidedly up to me, from loss of blood, and I quickly snap his front leg so that he can't walk, hopefully he will give up now. The wolf falls over in pain and shifts into a male who looks to be in his twenties, with brown messy hair and olive skin he could easily get any she wolf falling for him. I turn to see Layla, covering the guy from her innocent eyes, she looks at me with shock, awe and....fear? Why fear, I'd never hurt  her......

I transform and see her face heat up at my naked self, as I ripped my clothes when I transformed  I don't have anything to wear. She hands me the blanket and I wrap it around my waist, and I see her let out a sigh of relief. I smirk a little at how flustered she is in my presence, but remember I need to talk about why she is afraid of me.

"Hey Layla, were you scared of me?" I ask sitting down next to her.

"Yes." She replies, looking away ashamed.

"There's nothing to be ashamed of baby, I was just wondering why?" I say wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her on my lap.

"I guess it's because I didn't think you'd actually hurt anyone, yes I know werewolves are strong as hell but it just freaked me out that you could kill someone....with ease" She adds, looking at me, nervously waiting for my reaction.

"I know baby, you've only seen my caring side but I did that to protect you. I have never and will never kill an innocent person or werewolf. But yes I can kill, with ease. I am strong and have trained very hard so that I can protect those who I love and care for," I say gently, looking at Layla with adoration.

"You just keep getting better and better,"Layla jokes, kissing me softly.

"I love you." I blurt accidentally. 

"I'm sorry, I got distracted in the moment. I know it's too early for the three words, but I mean them you don't have to say them back to me but I-" I start ranting, before being interrupted.

"I can't say the words back to you yet, but I know I am slowly getting there. You are amazing and there is no need for you to say sorry, I should be apologising for not being able to give you the love you deserve." Layla interrupts my rant, smiling at me softly.

"Layla you are an angel, please don't force yourself to love me right away" I answer

Layla moves to face me, her legs straddling me. And I sense Red getting excited, so I block him out not really wanting to wreck the moment.She wraps her arms around my neck and kisses my lips softly, I instantly respond and kiss her with passion. She smiles and breaks apart, I fake a pout and she giggles softly. I want to kiss her again but don't push my luck, but Layla has different plans she claims my lips again and I bit her lip asking for entrance. I am surprised when she responds by letting me in. After a few intense seconds we break apart for air, Layla's face is flushed and she's taking deep breaths,resulting in a goofy and proud grin spreading across my face.

"Shouldn't we head back now, and um...what are we doing with him?" Layla asks shyly, looking at the captive.

"Oh, we will bring him to the prison to be questioned tomorrow." I answer, mentally scolding myself for forgetting about the unconscious naked man a few meters away from us. 

I mind link 2 of my warrior wolves to come and collect the wolf, and bring spare clothes for him and me. While we are waiting I pull Layla to my side and, after asking permission, kiss her neck slowly, she sighs in contentment and I start sucking lightly leaving hickeys along her neck, she moans softly when I hit the place I'm supposed to mark, then I hear one of the warriors mind link me to let me know that they are almost here. I sigh and pull away, she looks at me dazed and disappointed then pouts, I gently kiss her head and inform her that the wolves are coming and she needs to hide. Otherwise they will find out that I have a mate, and I know she isn't ready for that yet.

"Hello Beta Liam" One of the warriors call

"Hello warrior Mark, thanks for getting here so quickly" I answer

"No worries sir, we were just doing our job." He replies, moving to to captive.

I quickly pull on the clothes that they hand me, and tell them I'll catch up after I've checked the surroundings. They buy it and leave with the man, now dressed. Layla cautiously comes out of the cave and I take her hand in mine, walking back to the house.

I wonder what the guy wanted......

A/N

Hey bookworms, thanks for voting and commenting! I might do a chapter with Red and Nat's POV, in a few chapters time.

5 votes & comments, for 2 chapters next weekend. 💙 

Cya

Bookworms