27: Recruit

Layla's POV

Almost a month now. I've been stuck in this place for almost a month!

Where is Liam? How has he not found me yet? I thought it would be easier since I was marked. I've had someone trying to mind link me but since I am not allowed to turn into a wolf I can't understand nor reply to the person. I have gained some of Nicholas's trust because I have been working my ass off for the past week and a half.

Today I'm training with Khaleesi because Nicholas wants to see how I am against his best and favourite warrior. I have become skinnier from not being fed properly for 2 weeks, but I am starting to get back into normal shape. My agility is pretty good if you ask me and some of the people I've sparred with. And my arms aren't exactly weak noodles anymore.

My days for the past week and a half have consisted of waking up eating eggs, bacon, smoothie or protein shakes, then I get changed and head out for a 2 kilometre run, at 10 I go to the gym doing push ups, planks, chin ups and more then at 12 I take a break and have a wholemeal sandwich with 2 types of meat usually and other stuff, at 1 I spar with people then usually at 3 I practice some magic but only small amounts of it just so that my powers don't become useless and finally at 4 I go to the gym again and have another jog, at 6 I take a long shower, have dinner then fall to sleep dreaming about being free of this place.

I walk outside to the mats, (with a guard next to me) and see Khaleesi and Nicholas already there waiting for me. Khaleesi and I have gotten closer and she is really nice and very funny. Surprisingly she is only 18, and innocent to the dark things going on around her. She grew up in this pack from birth, so she didn't choose the fate of living in a power-hungry pack. Many people, I realised, don't know too much about their messed-up alpha.

"Okay now that you are here you will spar with Khaleesi, you are allowed to use some magic but only in small portions, clear." Nicholas commands sternly.

"Yes Nicholas," I reply giving him a small nod.

"Good. Let's begin, as normal whoever taps out first loses," He says stepping back.

Khaleesi and I got into position. I stared her directly in the eyes my muscles tense and my brain clear and focused.

"Fight!"

Khaleesi swings her leg, roundhouse kicking me in the head. I stumble from the force and shake my head my eyesight foggy. I see Khaleesi about to throw a punch and I dodge turning into a wolf. She steps back and starts transforming but I grab her ankle in my teeth and pull her off her feet. She quickly transforms, and I jump on her stomach. A crowd has started to gather, and hushed whispers are heard about me. I pin Khaleesi down her oxygen slowly disappearing, then she bites my paw and I yelp out of surprise. She pushes me off her and I stand there staring and growling. We circle each other for a bit and I notice how much larger I am than her, I thought this was the normal size of a wolf, but she only comes up to my shoulder.

She runs at me and I easily dodge, then I grab her hind leg and pull her to the middle. I pin her down again, but then I see her eyes. Her big blue eyes that have a hint of worry in them, then I realise what I'm doing I'm destroying this girl's reputation and bringing attention to myself. I give her a small wink and her eyes light up, she pushes me off and pins me to the ground cutting off my air supply a bit I pretend to gasp for air and claw at her paws then give up and tap out. After all those awful years in drama it finally paid off.

Everyone bought the act and congratulated Khaleesi.

"Good job kid."

"I knew a magic fighter couldn't beat you."

"I had faith in you the whole time."

I transformed and was helped up by Khaleesi. She excused herself and we went for a walk together. I decided I should try to tell her about why I'm here and see how she reacts.

"Hey great fight Khaleesi," I start

"Thanks, but you are a lot stronger than you look," She replies sighing.

"Only in wolf form if we fought hand to hand you'd easily win," I state.

"Yeah, I was wondering it only just occurred to me, how come you are in this pack? Do you have a mate here or something?" Khaleesi askes.

"Well...do you want the truth?" I ask cautiously.

"Obviously." She answers rolling her eyes, but I notice her gulp a little.

"Okay well your Alpha wants my power for himself they want to become werewolves who can do magic. I have help in learning magic from a spirit like person, they help sona's learn magic and mine is the strongest. Nicholas wants my power for himself and is going to take Nat my spirit from me." I answer

"Really?" Khaleesi says her eyes wide and lips turned down into a frown.

"Yes." I reply

"Are you going to escape?" She asks.

"Hopefully soon," I reply

"Well count me in, if you'd let me?" She says determination clear on her face.

"Okay, but you will have to come with me to my pack and it won't be easy." I warn

"I know, but if my Alpha is really going to hurt you in that way then I don't want to be apart of his pack," Khaleesi explains.

Looks like I got myself a recruit, I think to myself smiling a little.

A/N

Hope you enjoyed, if so please vote and comment.

Cya

Bookworms