20:Mates

Liam's POV

I wake up to an empty bed, beside myself of course, and hurry to get changed and find my mate. I throw on a black shirt and jeans, washing my face to wake myself up a bit more and comb my hair back. Then I head outside, she is probably training since yesterday she didn't train at all. As I walk down the stairs I am met with the sight of Stella with a guy, and I become curious. She notices me and rushes forward to greet me, her eyes bright and she is smiling wide, this must be her mate Ryan.

"Hello Beta Liam, this is my mate Ryan, Ryan this is the Beta of my pack Liam." Stella introduces us almost bouncing with excitement.

I put out my hand for Ryan to shake and he responds by shaking it politely, but with a very firm hold on my hand.

"I can't wait to show Ryan our amazing pack," Stella grins like a kid ready for show and tell.

"Well then I'll leave you to it, I need to find my mate." I reply, turning my gaze to Stella.

"Oh yes I heard you announced it last night, I was there for part of it but had to show Ryan the pack house first." She explains

"Congrats," Stella adds

"Thanks, nice meeting you Ryan," I answer nodding at Ryan.

"Likewise," He says, grabbing Stella's hand and leading her away.

I search for Layla, around the pack house then decide to check the guest houses. As I guessed Layla is there morphing into different animals, a hawk, wolf, bear and so on. I tip toe up to her, trying to not disturb her but with her hearing multiplied in wolf form she instantly notices me. She shoots me a confused and annoyed look, and I just shrug sheepishly, guess she just wants to train. I transform into Red and Layla/Nat in their wolf form saunter up to him, nuzzling his neck, Red hums a little in contentment. Then I try mind linking with her hoping that since I marked her she'll be able to communicate with me through the invisible 'group chat'. 

Hey Layla

Huh so this is what mind linking is? I hear Layla's voice enter my mind with a tone of wonder.

Yeah, so what are you practising today?

I'm working on morphing then healing

Cool, I met Ryan...Stella's mate

That's great, and now I'm going to go back to training if that's ok with you.

Go ahead I'll bring out brekky

I trot off towards the pack house, thinking about getting a house away from everyone. Not to far but far enough so that Layla can train without being disturbed. I transform outside and grab a spare pair of pants and shirt that are in a small metal box at the door, for our pack. I stroll inside and grab some bacon and eggs frying them, then move onto the toast. As I'm at the toast I hear footsteps and turn to see Ryan, flipping the eggs for me. I butter the toast and walk back to the pan, taking over for him.

"Thanks mate, where's Stella?" I ask

"In her room, getting ready to go shopping, I'm taking her to this fancy restaurant and then to the lake." He answers sighing probably picturing the date.

"That's great, but make sure you keep her safe and bring her home before 2am." I say sternly, acting like a protective brother in a way I am of all my pack.

"Yes Beta Liam," he salutes teasingly, and I laugh shooing him away.

And to think I had doubts about him, he seems to genuinely love Stella and I'm very happy for them. I grab the food and head back out to Layla, smiling at how hard she was working. As I near her, I saw a small cut on her arm and run to help but she just glares at me, annoyed I'd interrupted her. I back away from her, as I realise she was trying to practice healing. Unfortunately Red did not like to see his mate with any sore on her beautiful body, and surfaced transforming and running to lick her cut. She tries to push him/us off but fails as we are to heavy and licks her wound clean, and it heals in a matter of seconds as werewolves of high status can heal themselves or others with their saliva.

"Red come on, I'm trying to train. Please leave me alone, for a few hours." Layla complains and Red lowers his head and mopes off to leave Layla train.

A/N

I know not the most exciting chapter but this is leading up to something, I promise. 

And in a week's time I'll be on school holidays, so more chapters!

Has anyone heard the song 'trust in you' by Lauren Daigle?

Cya

Bookworms