26: Plan

Layla's POV

2 weeks.

14 agonisingly long days.

336 hours away from my sweet mate.

They still haven't come to find me. My body is so weak, from the beatings now, I can't control my powers. Nicholas has beat me every day for about 3-5 hours, it's now a routine.

Wake up. Eat a bone of meat and water. Get beaten by Nicholas relentlessly. Have a piece of stale bread. Fall into a dirty heap of exhaustion. Repeat.

I will have to somehow convince Nicholas to stop beating me for so long and so mercilessly. Otherwise I will never escape this living nightmare. I can't bribe him with sex, even though that would be my last resort, because then my bond with Liam would break. But maybe I can pretend to give in and tell him he must stop beating me so harshly if he wants my powers. Or, what if I just pass out...

I'll try 'giving in'. The door to my cell creaks open and I look up to see a maid, she hands me a bone and some water then waits for me to eat. I snatch it up, ravenously ripping the meat from the bone and gulping down my water sighing as it soothes my parched throat. The maid grabs the cup and plate, with the now bare bone sitting on it, and rushes out of the cell like it is hard for her to stay in here for 5 minutes! Weak.

After sitting in the dark for about an hour thinking about my plan the door creaks open and Nicholas' revolting scent fills the room. I automatically shiver in disgust. Time to put my plan into action.

He grabs a whip and smirks at me as if he is excited about the beating he thinks is going to come, "Good morning Layla. You ready to work with me?"

"Actually I am." I mumble

"Huh, what made you change your mind?" He asks his shock written across his face in big bold letters.

"I am getting weak and I hate everything here, I am sick of being stuck down here and obviously the pack hasn't made me their number one priority." I explain with a hint of defiance and boredom in my voice, rolling my eyes for extra effect.

"Okay...but how do I know that you are telling the truth?" Nicholas asks suspicious, not buying my lie.

"You don't." I answer shortly.

"But you need me, so why does it matter?" I say, knowing I'm right.

"Fine, you will get started right away," Nicholas says walking ahead of me.

"Alright, but this also means I'm going to be getting a decent meal and place to sleep. And I need to replenish my strength otherwise my powers are useless," I state my list of rules.

"That seems fair..." He trails off in reply.

"Okay. Maid get the sona a bacon and turkey sandwich, now." Nicholas orders a poor maid cleaning.

"You. Go get a guest bedroom ready for the sona to sleep in," He commands a servant boy.

"Yes sir," he replies bowing slightly.

"The work here is useless," Nicholas mumbles to himself.

"They are your pack, aren't they? You should respect them." I scold.

Nicholas turns around to face me, "You have no right to tell me what to do. Yes, they are my pack, but they are poor workers and lazy as hell," He shouts his temper flaring.

"Okay fine. Just calm down." I sigh rolling my eyes like a teen getting scolded by her parents.

"Let's get moving. I'll show you where you will be training, we need you and your powers in top shape before we can use them." He says moving again.

We walk into a giant gym, with treadmills, chin up bars and so much more. Then Nicholas leads me outside to a fighting area. Mats are laid all over the ground and many people are sparring, half of them a she-wolves and I watch as they move almost dance like around their male partner.

One of the females catch my eye, a red haired as agile as a cat striking her opponent in the stomach then flipping him on his back and pinning him to the ground. He taps out and they shake hands laughing. This is what a pack is supposed to look like.

"I see you like my best fighter; Khaleesi Throne. She is a strong warrior, has taken down every person on these mats...even me." Nicholas whispers fondly of his obviously favourite fighter.

"Khaleesi come here we have a guest," Nicholas waves her over.

"Hello Sir, Miss..." Khaleesi trails off.

"King, Layla King. I'm a sona, nice to meet you." I introduce myself, somehow, I already like her.

"Hello Miss King, I'm Khaleesi Throne. A sona, I've never met one before. What's it like having powers?" Khaleesi asks her bubbly personality making me smile.

"It's pretty cool, it's part of me a part of my soul I guess." I answer

"Well we must be going, I was just thinking that maybe you and Miss King could spar." Nicholas suggests.

"That would be great! Thank you, sir." Khaleesi says bowing and returning to the mats.

"Let's go get you some food then you can rest, tomorrow you will train." Nicholas says ushering me to the house again.

I munch on my food then flop onto the bed in my new accommodation. There's a small single bed, an en-suite and a cupboard. A guard stands outside my room to make sure I don't escape and there are no windows either.

As I lay on my bed in my new pjs a thought comes to me then quickly disperses. If I could get Khaleesi to help me escape then my plan would be so much easier, but she is obviously very loyal to Nicholas and would probably turn me in instead.

A/N

Hope you enjoyed.

Comment & Vote

Cya

Bookworms