24:Leads

Liam's POV

"Have you got any information on the rogues who took Layla?" I shout at the trackers, stress and anxiety overpowering my rational side.

"No, sorry sir," They reply bowing their heads.

"Well send out more wolves and find my mate!" I snap, regretting it instantly.

"Sorry I'm just stressed," I apologise shortly and head off to find the Alpha and Luna.

I stride across the pack house, pack members hurriedly stepping aside to let me through. I see Ryan and give him a small nod as I see him working on finding my mate. There is a traitor amongst us and we need to find them, but more importantly I need to find my mate before they can hurt her. I knock on the door to Alpha Lawrence's study and open it before he responds.

"I'll let it slide but only because you lost your mate and you're my best friend," Lawrence says lightly.

"Okay thanks, have we got any leads on the traitor?" I ask desperate for some good news.

"Yes, we've got three: Lucius the head guard, Stella the girl who loved you, and Ryan her mate and your new friend," He answers.

"Ryan wouldn't have done it, he's not like that," I defend.

"Yeah well he's new and he helped cook Layla's brekky and could've easily added some poison," The Alpha retorts calmly.

"And Stella handed Layla the plate and is Ryan's mate," He continues.

"Finally, Lucius was watching the borders and somehow missed the Beta female," He concludes.

"Okay, fine. What you are saying is true, so I'll keep an eye on all three of them," I sigh.

Layla has been gone for 2 days, and I don't know what they are doing to her. They haven't mated with her or hurt her physically because I haven't felt anything...yet. She went to the bathroom because she was feeling sick, so I got up to go the kitchen to get her some Advil and water, then I heard a thud and ran to her, but when I got to the bathroom she was gone. I checked the area for a trail, but they used a spell to mask his/her and Layla's scent.

The only explanation for this is that someone poisoned her or gave her a drug, somehow.... And that there is a traitor and that traitor works for the Rogue wolves that want Nat and Layla.

I'm so stupid for not getting to the bathroom fast enough, and for not checking Layla's food. I'm her mate and I'm supposed to protect and care for her, but all I've done is get her kidnapped. Yes, she's strong and brave, and she's been training for the past month to ready herself, but I'm the one who should save her, and she shouldn't need to practice all the magic and stuff because she shouldn't be in any danger with me, but I failed miserably.

I head to the bathroom for the 8th time in 2 days and sniff the area, then transform into the magnificent beast; Red. We sniff everywhere looking for anything to give us a clue and I see a small white thread, I sniff it and am instantly wrapped in Layla's comforting smell. Quickly I take it to the trackers and hand it to them, informing them that it's Layla's. If we can get a powerful sona or witch to help us we can possibly track Layla down without her scent.

I walk around the pack house busying myself with talking to Lucius and Stella, I'll save Ryan for last. The trackers walk up to me, waiting patiently while I interrogate Lucius. I excuse Lucius and turn towards the trackers.

Dylan, the head tracker, says solemnly," I'm sorry sir, but we asked all the witches and they wouldn't help us and the sona's don't know any spells for this."

"Oh, well that's disappointing. We'll have to try something else, or convince the witches with something," I grin, even though disappointment consumes me.

I slump to my room, dejected. And flop on my bed thinking about my wonderful mate. I try again to mind link with her but as before there is no response. I don't exactly know if I can mind link with her when she is in human form, but I guess not. I start drifting off my worries following me, then I feel a burning sensation in my leg and I automatically know it's silver. They are whipping my mate with silver, and it hurts her like it would hurt a werewolf. Obviously being whipped would hurt already but I know the pain of being whipped by silver, and this is it. Fury rises inside me and Red almost takes over, but I hold him down because he can do horrible things when he's angry. Then a glimmer of hope reaches me and I realise that means she can mind link with me, but they must have a wall that blocks mind linking. Then the pain grows and so does my anger, eventually I pass out on my bed worried about my mate.

A/N

Hey guys hope you enjoyed, if so please comment and vote. Thanks💖

Anyone else having a bad day? Or is it just me....🤔

Cya

Bookworms