37: Virus?

Layla's POV

It's been 5 weeks since the battle between our pack and the Dark Wolves.

Liam is slowly recovering, he can stand with support from someone now, which is improvement earlier than the healers expected. I help Liam move around without it looking like he is getting help, as he is a 'Big strong Beta' by using my powers.

"Baby are you ok?" Liam asks me as I sit back from the toilet, holding my hair.

"Now I am. I feel like it's that time of the year when everyone gets sick, but yeah, I feel much better now. Just a little sweaty." I respond, slowly standing.

Liam wheels himself next to me, as I wash my face," Well if you don't feel well in a few days maybe we should go to the pack doctor to make sure it's not serious."

"Ok, but I'm sure it's just a small virus." I reply adamant.

~~~~~~

I wipe a stray strand from my sweaty forehead. Liam sighs from behind me, and I stand up on shaky legs.

"Layla this is the third time in a row, it's time to go to the doctor. I won't let my Princess get any sicker." Liam states firmly.

I nod in defeat. For the past 3 days I have woken up sweaty and started vomiting, and my muscles ache in the morning. This is a different virus from usual, and I hate it.

Liam reaches out to grab my waist and pulls me onto his lap. I relax back into him and sigh, some of the pain melting away. He wheels us out of the room and to the doctor's room.

"Oh, Beta Liam. What do I owe this visit?" Doctor Mario says cheerfully, the corners of his eyes crinkling.

"My mate Layla is sick, we've come to make sure she's ok." Liam informs politely.

"Alright, let me have a look. Beta Layla could you please sit on the bed." Doctor Mario requests.

I do as he says and sit nervously twiddling my thumbs, Liam grabs my hand in his and squeezes it gently.

"I'm going to do a check-up, like checking your heartbeat and then if I can't find anything, I'll take some more tests." Doctor Mario explains calmly.

I nod, closing my eyes hoping it's not too bad.

"Your heartbeat and pulse seem fine, and there are no signs of an infection anywhere. So I'm going to check your stomach to make sure there's nothing wrong on the inside, I'll go get the X-ray," Dr. Mario says reading over his notes.

"Thanks Dr. Mario," Liam says gratefully, nodding his head forward slightly

Liam looks at me, and I sigh. My sickness has gone away a bit and I don't feel awful anymore.

Dr. Mario comes back with a nurse and X-ray machine and they start setting it up. I enjoy X-rays because it's cool to see inside of myself and they don't hurt. I lay back down, and they take the X-rays.

"Alright Beta Layla we'll go check the X-rays and will be with you in about an hour. In the mean time you can go have something to eat, and I'll find you once the results are ready," Dr. Mario announces afterwards.

"Ok, thanks Doc." I smile genially, now that I don't feel as sick and nervous.

"No worries Beta Layla," He returns the smile.

I climb off the bed, holding onto Liam to wait for the feeling to come back to my legs. Then we start walking to the dining hall, pack members are already seated and there are 2 empty seats waiting for Liam and I.

"Good morning Beta Liam and Layla," A teen girl grins at me shyly.

"Good morning, what's your name?" I ask, trying to remember everyone's names.

"Jade Knight, Beta Layla," Jade introduces herself politely.

"That's a gorgeous name, what rank are you?" I continue.

"I'm a warrior in training," she says proudly.

"Well you should talk to my friend Khaleesi, she would love to train you." I inform her.

"That would be amazing, thanks Beta Layla. I'd better go back to my seat, but thanks again." Jade says hurriedly, bowing her head at Liam and I.

"It's weird isn't it, that I am still called a Beta female even though we don't have a mate bond anymore?" I question aloud.

"That's what everyone sees you as, and you are my mate no matter what. Even if the bond breaks," Liam answers my question firmly.

"I love you so much," I say fondly.

"And I love you so much more." Liam responds.

We sit down for breakfast, bacon, eggs, and tomatoes on toast. Doctor Mario shows up just when I'm finishing up.

"Beta Liam and Layla, I need to speak to you in private." Dr. Mario says solemnly, causing my nerves to return.

"Ok," I reply shortly.

We follow Doc back up to his room and he closes the door.

"Have you had sex lately?" He asks bluntly.

"Um...maybe, why do you ask?" Liam answers with a question of his own.

"Well we believe that Layla is pregnant." He explains

"What? That's incredible!" Liam bursts out grinning like that creepy cat in wonderland.

"Wow, am I really pregnant with your baby?" I ask in wonder, looking at my stomach then at Liam.

"Yes, Layla. You are. You need to come into my clinic for check ups every fortnight, or whenever you feel the need." Doctor Mario answers.

"Ok, thank you Doc." I say walking out of the room in a daze.

A/N

Happy New Year!🎉 Had to post this somewhere near the actual date, sorry I'm 2 days late.

Yay Layla's pregnant. Vote and comment if you enjoyed.

Comment: Should Liayam find out the gender of the baby or leave it as a surprise?

Cya Bookworms