25: Torture

Layla's POV

I wake up from my beating last night and groan. Why the hell does silver hurt so much? I know werewolves are affected by it but I'm technically not a werewolf.

Nicholas walks in that evil, cruel smirk plastered on his ugly face," Well good morning princess."

He started calling my princess once he realised it meant something to me, as it annoys the hell out of me. I keep silent in response and turn away from him. He just laughs and grabs me roughly, turning me around forcing me look at the disgusting man.

"Okay well either today you co-operate, or you get to feel the burn of whips again, your choice," he grins sadistically.

"I will never help you, sick bastard," I growl spitting in his face.

"You are so ungrateful, little princess." Nicholas snarls standing up.

"Why are you so loyal to a pack you only met a few weeks ago?" Nicholas asks frowning in disapproval.

I remain silent.

Truth is that I'm not staying loyal to the pack, I'm staying loyal to Liam, the Sonas and especially Nat. They want her for power, they want to use her and I will never let a friend get hurt if I can help it.

"Fine then we do it the hard way."

"Bring in the whips!" Nicholas commands.

Three soldiers storm into the room with whips of different sizes, I start to worry because the whips look merciless. Anxiety floods me as Nicholas walks very slowly, almost strolls towards me. But I put on a brave face, setting my jaw and staying still. Nicholas brings with whip to my back and I bite my lip to stop from screaming, I repeat the mantra 'I am strong' to myself until the 8th whip destroys my silence. An ear-splitting scream is carried through out the building, and I crumble up in a ball the pain overwhelming me.

"See you should've just co-operated, "Nicholas sighs pretending to care for me.

"Never." I spit out blood.

"I wonder how long it'll take for your mate to rescue you?"

"And how long until he is driven to insanity..." He finishes his eyes glazed.

"I will leave you to think about working with me for a while." He says walking out of the cell.

I breathe a sigh of relief and stay sitting in my shivering bloody ball. After a few minutes I start healing as I am for some reason now part wolf I can also heal fast. When I have regained some blood, I start thinking of a plan to escape. I can't rely completely on Liam and the pack, it may be weeks, months or possibly years before they find me.

I decide to start reading the guards, Nicholas' and anyone else who comes near me minds. So that I can figure out how much time I have until the worse happens. Then I will morph into a bird small enough, once I find out when or if Nicholas is out of the building. But as soon as I leave they will know so I will have to make a fake model out of air, unless I can learn how to make life like sculptures in a few days. It's possible, but since I'm weakened it will be a lot harder for me.

Nicholas walks back into the room and I snap out of my thoughts keeping my head to down.

"Have you changed your mind?" He asks

"Well I'll have to resume this tomorrow I've got business to attend to, if you don't co-operate soon I will rip you and your mate apart without mercy," Nicholas threatens.

I gulp once he leaves and pray that it will never come to that, I need Liam in my life.

A/N

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed it sorry it's short.

Comment, vote & share

Cya

Bookworms (tapeworms, JazminWilliams5😉)