31: Returning

Liam's POV

I wake up, it's 4am.

I look around confused as to why I woke up. I notice a small tapping noise and look out of the window. A beautiful snow-white falcon is sitting on my window sill, its dazzling bright blue eyes stare up at me and immediately I know it's my Layla.

I open the window a little bit and Layla hovers, so she doesn't get knocked off then she flies into my room and lands neatly on my bed. In a flash she is back in her human form and I quickly run to get her one of my jumpers.

"Layla, I missed you so much!" I say almost crying from happiness.

"I missed you too, but now we aren't mates..." She replies looking at her feet.

"That doesn't matter, if the humans can find love without mates so can we." I state.

"Everyone will be so happy that you are back," I say happily, embracing her.

"It hurt so much Liam, I don't ever won't to lose you again," Layla cries clearly not listening to what I am saying.

"I know baby I know, but we are going to get through this together. Okay?" I mutter softly nestling her to my chest.

"I love you," Layla murmurs against my chest.

"I love you too," I reply.

I wake up again from someone knocking on my door. 8am, time to get up. I slowly unwind myself from Layla and head to the bathroom. Once I'm ready I walk back into the room and can't help but be entranced by my gorgeous princess.

Layla is sitting on the bed dressed in one of the outfits I brought for her, grey sweats and a blue cropped hoodie. I pull her towards me and hug her tightly, then lead her downstairs. Today I need to question Stella to see if she knew about Ryan and re-welcome Layla.

"Beta Liam- Miss Layla?" Liana starts confused when she sees Layla.

"Yes, we are going to welcome Layla home. What were you saying?" I ask Liana.

"Well breakfast is ready, and Stella is very confused about Ryan," Liana finishes.

"Okay well Layla and I will have breakfast first in my cabin outside. If you could bring it out to us that would be amazing," I say.

"Okay sir, I hope you settle in again Miss Layla," Liana curtseys politely.

"Thank you," Layla says quietly.

We head outside to my cabin and I hurry to open the door for her setting the table, just as the food arrives. Bacon and eggs sandwiches.

After brekky we head back inside, and I go to Susan and Lawrence's office.

"Layla! You're back." Susan greets us embracing Layla.

"Yep, hopefully for good," Layla mumbles frowning.

"Can we gather the pack, so we can welcome Layla home?" I ask.

"Of course," Susan replies instantly.

"How are we going to make sure Layla is safe from the Dark wolves?" Lawrence asks being his normal reasonably self.

"Well I'll be with her every second of the day and we'll head out maybe tomorrow to find Nicholas," I reassure.

"Good, let's go get the pack," Lawrence says pleased.

I walk outside and stand on the stage ready to re-introduce Layla. The whole pack looks at me expectantly and I begin, "Good morning, as you know my beautiful mate Layla was kidnapped and for a month I have been stressing and depressed. Well now I promise you I won't be because Layla King is back." I announce proudly.

At this Layla walks onto the stage and a massive round of applause is heard. After the announcement Stella walks up to us.

"Layla I'm so sorry for Ryan, I had no idea." She apologises.

"It's not your fault," Layla replies looking away.

"I know but you were put through so much because of my mate," She reasons.

"Yes I was." Layla states simply.

"Anyway, I'm glad you're back and I'd like to help you defeat the Dark wolves or whatever they're called. Liayam (Li-a-am) is the cutest," Stella smiles.

"Liayam?" I ask confused

"Yeah Liam and Layla, you two are like the best couple in the world. I wish I had a mate like you," Stella says wistfully.

A/N

Hope you enjoyed.

Layla's back, do you like the ship name?

Thanks to all that commented ship names in the end I decided to combine Layam and Liala.💖😊

Comment and vote.

Cya

Bookworms