18: Marking Aftermath

"Liam tell me why my neck hurts!" Layla glares at me.

"Well, um....." I stall, avoiding Layla's steely glare.

"I'm serious Liam, if you don't tell me what happened I will run away and go back to the sonas," She threatens, knowing she's got me cornered.

"Fine, Red was in control and when you passed out he decided to mark you. I tried stopping him, but he stopped me from transforming." I explain, sighing.

"He, what?" Layla screams, her hand tentatively touching her neck.

"I'm sorry baby, I know you didn't want this but he was getting restless. And now I can tell the pack who you are." I apologise, but look on the bright side.

"I guess but that doesn't mean I forgive you just yet." She says, playing with pieces of grass in thought.

"I know, being marked is a big thing and I wanted it to be special but Red destroyed that fantasy," I mumble, anger bubbling up inside me.

"It's okay, in its own different way it was special. I can always remember that, that was the day that I learnt how to morph, and it was in a beautiful daisy filled forest," Layla soothes leaning her head on my shoulder and my anger simmers.

~~~~~

I walk Layla back to the pack house and cover my mark. We don't want to tell the pack right now, we're thinking of telling them tomorrow night just before we have the feast Layla and I are going to cook. I hope that Stella will take it well, and not try and hit on me again.

"Hey Liam!" A voice I was dreading to hear calls.

"Hello Stella. Layla this is Stella, Stella this is my girlfriend Layla," I introduce them, looking at Layla cautiously.

"Hello Layla, I'm Stella Evans a pack member." Stella smiles warmly at Layla, surprising both me and Layla.

"Oh hello, I'm Layla King a sona," Layla replies returning Stella's smile.

"Oh right the one who went into a coma. Beta Liam why didn't you tell me about your beautiful girlfriend?" Stella asks cocking her head to the side.

"Because we didn't want to make a big deal," I reply shortly.

"Okay, well I wanted to tell you that I found my mate!" Stella grins happily, well that explains why she doesn't hate Layla.

"That's amazing, I hope it works out for you. Who's the lucky wolf?" I congratulate.

"Thank you,His name is Ryan. He is moving to this pack instead of me moving because he has no family or friends there." She answers beaming.

"Well that's great for you and him, I wish you guys luck. Now Layla and I are going to go upstairs for some alone time." I say.

"Alright, bye" Stella waves.

"Bye nice meeting you," Layla says waving.

We head into the room, and Layla goes to the mirror to check out my mark on her. It's a little red, but other than that looks fine. Layla turns around and walks towards me slowly, and I can tell something is wrong. Her eyes darken a little at the edges, and a small smirk appears on her face. Power and....arousal is radiating of her.

"I love your mark on me, it looks amazing," She murmurs lowly.

"Baby what's wrong?" I ask stepping back.

"What do you mean nothing's wrong, I just love you so much," Layla smiles softly, but her eyes are still darkened.

Maybe sonas react differently to the mate bond, and when we mark them. She-wolves go into heat when they are marked, humans aren't really affected by it except that they long for their mate and can feel their mate. But I don't know about sonas, maybe they get super horny and werid.

"Baby, I think you should rest. Then tomorrow we can tell the pack that you're my mate." I advise walking to Layla and guiding her to the bed.

"Can I have a kiss?" She asks, once she lays down.

"Okay" I reply, leaning down to kiss my princess. I gently kiss her lips, but before I can pull away she wraps her arms and legs around me.

Layla breaks from the kiss and looks at me lust swirling in her eyes, deja vu from the night Layla got kinda drunk and almost run over washes over me. Then she brings her lips back on mine and kissing me passionately I quickly respond the mate bond and her scent making it hard for me to resist her. I break from the kiss, and look into her darkened eyes then start kissing along her neck when I get to my mark she moans loudly and I smirk at her reaction sucking on it, she moans out my name and I bring my lips back to hers.

"Babe, we have to stop otherwise I'll have to complete the mating process," I say huskily.

"Please don't stop, I want you," Layla begs.

"That's only because something happened, if we do make love then you might regret it later." I reply, even though the words break my heart.

"No, I won't regret it you're my mate and I think I love you," Layla says, her eyes slowly changing back to chocolate brown as the words sink in.

"Really? You mean it?" I ask cautiously. She nods in response, and my heart soars.

"I love you too, now let's go to sleep." I mumble bringing her to my chest, suddenly exhaustion floods me.

"Okay, night Prince Charming," She responds, snuggling into me.

A/N

Hey guys, hope you liked it.

Comment and vote, thanks.

9.1k! That's pretty good, and it's all thanks to you guys.

Cya

Bookworms