34: Attack

Layla's POV

"Alright, members of the Northern Starr Pack it's time to attack the Dark Wolves. Mount your horses or walk beside us to preserve our energy for the battle," Lawrence announces.

We all mount our horses; the highest ranks are all riding horses and anyone who owns their own horse otherwise everyone else is walking. Khaleesi and I are leading with Liam beside me, then Alpha Lawrence and the head warriors. After about 3 hours of travelling we stop for a break, the trip is about 6 hours at a steady pace. So, we should arrive near dusk, which is perfect as that the pack isn't as noticeable when it's dark.

I go to every horse and make sure they are good, because I have trained as an equine vet. Khaleesi helps me feed them, then we go and sit next to Liam and have some food. After resting for about 20 minutes we head out again.

The giant cave and cabin bring back horrible memories and a shiver of fear creeps into me. Liam trots up next to me and rubs his hand on my back instantly calming me.

"It's okay baby, I won't let him hurt you." He comforts, his eyes shining with anger and determination.

"Thank you, I love you so much. Know that I will forever and always," I mumble, kissing his cheek.

"Forever and always," Liam repeats, "but we will live through this, don't lose faith." He says grabbing my chin gently and forcing me to look into his eyes.

"Leave your horses here and transform once Liam and I have. Understood?" Alpha Lawrence commands.

"Yes Alpha," they all reply in unison.

Everyone dismounts their horse and ties them to a tree, but we use a specific knot so that if they need to run from danger they can. Then we walk to the boarder of the pack and I stare at the sky, just light enough to see someone about 10 metres in front of you, well for a human. But for a werewolf it's probably a few more metres than that.

Liam and Alpha Lawrence nod to each other and then transform into their magnificent wolves. Red stands out a bit as he is an auburn colour, but Lawrence's wolf is pitch black with glowing yellow eyes. A second later hundreds of wolves appear around me and I stare at them in wonder. All different shapes and sizes, some grey, white, black and white, auburn, and brown.

I turn into my wolf, an ombre of colours cover my body; first grey mixing with cream then white flowing down my legs. I am one of the bigger wolves along with Liam, and the 2 head warriors probably because of my status and magic.

Alpha Lawrence sends 10 groups of 15 wolves around the pack lands, surrounding it. Then everyone advances slowly, so far, no look outs have noticed. When we're about 200 metres (656 feet) away from the pack house when a shout is heard. We all start running and easily reach the pack house barging into the building. Liam and I stick together looking out for Nicholas, werewolves from the pack fall. But only those who attack get killed otherwise they are captured and locked away in a prison, if they resist, they can die.

Howls echo around us and we look up to see pitch black wolves with red eyes, snarling angrily while running towards us. We're easily winning and there are only about 50 of the Dark wolves. All our pack that isn't currently fighting charges the Dark wolves. Liam and I continue our search in human form, once Liam throws on shorts, and soon I can smell his revolting scent in the building. We find him in his bedroom.

"Finally, the amazing power couple is reunited!" Nicholas smirks sarcastically.

"You will pay for what you did." Liam grounds out his eyes flickering to Red.

"Well you can try," Nicholas laughs his eyes dark.

Liam pounces transforming into Red, he scratches Nicholas across the face. Nicholas growls and transforms, instantly I transform and back Liam up. Nicholas jumps at me, but I dodge, and Liam uses this to his advantage and jumps on Nicholas' back clawing it.

I use my powers to read his mind so that we will know what his next move is. And I connect what I can see to Liam, so he knows as well. Nicholas is planning on slamming Liam into the wall, so just mere seconds before Nicholas can do this Liam swiftly throws himself off Nicholas and instead of him being hurt Nicholas howls in pain as his back is thrown into the wall.

I stand over Nicholas and grab his neck in my jaws. I pick him up and throw him against the wall and Liam wraps his jaws around Nicholas' leg and closes his teeth around it snapping the leg. Then Liam picks him up in his jaws without any effort and carries him back to the fight. One wolf remains, his mouth foaming blooding and it's limping then Mel jumps on it's back and snaps its neck; dead.

We've won, and it's only about 11. The fight is over, we are safe.

But far in the distance I see more red eyes shining throw the darkness.....

A/N

Sorry for the cliff hanger

Vote, and comment what you think will happen?

Cya

Bookworms