Part 15

We reached his parents mansion, it was 10 minutes ride. I ask him "If your parents stay so close by why do you stay at  penthouse?" He said "You will know soon." and got down and opened the door for me.

He asked me to hold his hand to make it feel real. So we went inside holding each others hand. He pressed the door bell and within few seconds a butler opened the door for us and asked us to follow him.

We went inside to see a elderly couple around my parents age siting on a couch. In front of them was a man. We went inside and Alex said "Mom! Dad! I would like you all to meet my fiancee Lily. Lily this are my parents and my twin brother Noah."

His mother gave me a hug and his father just shook my hand. Then they both gave Alex a hug and his brother said to me "I think you should leave my little brother and be with me. We will make much better couple." 

I looked towards Alex unsure what to say Alex said "You better stay away from her and I am little by just 2 minutes. If you ever come near Lily or try to take her away I will forget you are my brother."

Before Noah could say anything his father said "Boys we have guest here so stop the fight and behave." They both just gave each other a look which said this is not over and sat down. I sat down beside Alex and on other side sat his mother. On other couch in front of us sat his father and Noah.

His mother asked us "What would you like to drink?" I said "I will just have a glass of water." Alex said "I am driving so I will have coke." The others ordered their drinks and his mother told a maid to bring our orders.

Till our drinks came we talked about me. What I studied and other things about my future. After the maid served our drink and left his mother asked us "I want to know everything about you two, how you meet and how long have you been dating and how he proposed you." 

I said "It is not much, we met in New York few months ago when I had come here for  holidays. We were together just for a week, but even during that week we could not meet much as he had business and I was with my friends for holiday. But we enjoyed the time we had together and stayed in touch through Skype and calls. One day when I was in Rome he gave me a surprise visit and there he proposed me to be his girlfriend. At first we were unsure whether this long distance relationship will work or not. But we stayed positive and here we are today."

I told them the story as discussed by us. His parents looked convinced but his brother said "I read that you were supposed to marry Daniel Freeman last week. Then how come my brother is your fiancee?" 

I looked at Alex again and again Alex helped me and said "She did not tell her parents about us, it was an arrange marriage so she ran away and came here. You know Connor Brown right? She is his boyfriends friend. She lives with them."

His mother said "You loved my son so much that you ran away without thinking about your parents reputation." I nodded. His mother said "Nice ring, when did he proposed you for marriage?" 

Alex said "Just before coming here, it was nothing special I just asked her in car and she said yes. She does not like cliche or over romantic things. She loves everything to be simple."

His parents nodded. Rest of the dinner passed by, by us making small talks and all. All this while Noah would pass comment on whatever Alex said or would flirt with me. Except that the whole dinner went in peace.

Now it was time for us to leave, Alex said "We will take our leave now, we need to go for her admission at New York Business School tomorrow early morning." I looked at him shocked, his father said "Okay, do visit soon. When are you planning to have your marriage?" Alex said "Soon." With that we said our good byes and left. 

Phone SwapOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara