Part 22

By evening I packed my things to move in with Alex in boxes. I did not have much things so it was only 3 boxes so less work. By afternoon Cody and Asher left and in evening I made dinner for me and Alex as Connor and Oliver went out on a date. By 6 I got ready and carried my boxes down and waited for Alex to come, in mean time I watched PLL. 

After about 30 minutes Alex came and asked "You okay?" I nodded and he said "Don't worry I am here we will get through it. Ready to move in?" He asked looking towards where my boxes were kept. I nodded again and with that we ate our dinner without any further talk. After dinner Alex asked his driver to carry my boxes and then we left in his other car. 

At his place, the driver placed the boxes in my new room. Alex moved his things to other room, while I arranged mine inside. After arranging I was tired and had to wake early next morning so I slept. 

Next morning I got up, got ready and went down to see a lady in her mid fifties setting up the table and Alex reading a news paper. I went and sat beside him and said "Morning" He looked towards me and gave me a smile and said "Good morning. Hope you slept well?" 

I nodded and the maid went inside the kitchen, I asked him "Why do we have a maid now? I can cook for us?" He kept the news paper aside and said "I don't want you to get tired after attending all the classes and today after classes we are going to see a doctor to get pills for you and get a routine check up, I made an appointment." I nodded and said "But I love to cook." 

By the time he could say any thing the maid was back with are breakfast. We both ate silently and Alex later on dropped me off. The classes went by like usual, after class I was waiting in parking for Alex to come with my friends, when I saw Noah getting out of my college building. 

I walked towards him and ask him "What are you doing here?" He looked towards me and said "Some people do what they love to do and not just waste their life in fulfilling their father's wish." "What do you mean?" He gave me a dirty look and said "I love to teach, just got my degree so applied for the post of business management professor, which by the way I got." 

I looked at him and asked "I am not interested in knowing about you what did you mean by fulfill father's dream? Did Alex had some other dream, is he doing all this for your father?" Noah was about to say something when someone placed their arms around my waist and I heard the person say "Stay away from Lily, this is the last time I am warning you." I looked at Alex and he was red with anger, I hold his hands and dragged him towards our car before the Hilton boys start to fight. 

He sat in and said "Why was he there and what were you two talking about?" I said "He was their for an interview, by the way which he cleared and is my new business management professor. Can I ask you something?" He said "Please promise me you will stay away from him and can we talk later we will be late for doctor's." I nodded and he drove silently to the hospital. 

He said at the front desk that he had an appointment with Dr. William and the lady on the desk said to follow her. We followed her to Dr. William's room and inside Dr. William told us to have a seat. She asked me "Yes my dear how may I help you?" I said "Dr. we had an unprotected intercourse two days ago and we are planning to get married soon, so we would like to get her protection pills and by when will we know if she is pregnant or not?." 

She asked me "When do you generally have your monthly cycles?" I said "They are not fixed I have PCOD so its difficult to say." She said "We can't tell you so early if your expecting or not but I want to run a few test so that we can fix your PCOD." This whole time Alex had held my hand and never let it go. 

I nodded and Alex said "When can she have those test done?" She said "I will carry on a ultrasonography right now and a few blood test." We nodded and she told me to climb on the bed and to sleep on it. I slept on the bed and a nurse rolled up my t-shirt. Alex stood beside me still holding my hand. She did my sonography and said "I am sorry dear but I don't think you are pregnant, as I can see you have an ovary missing and the other one has a large cyst so we will have to remove it." 

I was shocked, I did not know what to say Alex asked her "What do you mean missing?" I said "Alex when I was in that fire I was shot I did not tell you that. I took the bullet that was supposed to be for Cody. It was on my ovary that is why I am alive, they removed my ovary because it was damaged. I don't have mark because I made this tattoo for it to disappear." I whispered in Alex's ear showing him a peacock feather tattoo on my right side of stomach. 

I asked Dr. "If we remove this one also I can never have kids. Don't we have any other options?" Dr. said "Sorry dear we can't. I will advice you to soon get it operated before it spreads to other organs."   

I nodded and Alex told the Dr. we will soon make another appointment and will see her soon. We went to the car, sat inside and at that moment I broke down and cried.