Part 24

I got ready for our date, Alex did not tell me where we our going. But knowing him I guess he will take me to some fancy place. So I went up and got ready, I wore a peach colored lacy knee length dress. After I was done I went down to see Alex waiting for me, he wore a peach colored polo t shirt and jeans. I commented "We are twinning." 

He looked at me from up to down and said "You are looking beautiful and I saw your dress on the bed when you were showering so changed my T-shirt. Come on lets go we need to be back early you have class tomorrow and I do not want to exert you. " 

I asked while locking the door "Where are we going?" He said "To a nice Italian restaurant which opened last week. I heard its amazing and you love Italian food." I nodded. 

When we reached the restaurant Alex said to the man on the reservation counter "Table for two booked in the name Hilton." The boy said to follow him, and guided us to our table, when we reached table like a gentleman Alex pulled the chair for me and after I was sitting down he came and sat in front of me.

He said "What will you like to order?" I looked into the menu and ordered a alfredo pasta and a coke for me and Alex ordered a risotto and coke. After that the waiter left, I looked around and saw a group of girls checking out Alex. 

I saw Alex looking at me and he said "Did you like the place?" I nodded and said "Yes its pretty good and the ambience is nice. Alex those girl beside our table are checking you out." I stated. 

Alex chuckled and said "Is someone being jealous? By the I am used to girls ogling." He said winking at me. "As if I will be jealous and if you might have not noticed your fiancee is sitting right infront of you so better not look towards any other girl." This time I winked and showed him my ring.

He chuckled again and was about to say something but I cut him off "I love it when you chuckle like that." He smiled and said "I love it when you smile at me, your eyes sparkle when you smile." I smiled at him. 

We talked for a few minutes till our food arrived, we talked about our childhood memories bad and good, things we like and dislike. We ate our food peacefully and ordered Tiramisu for dessert. As we waited for desert we talked more about each other. While we were talking I heard someone say from behind me "Hello Ms. Lily Maxwell."

I knew that voice, I stood up shock and seeing me Alex stood and came beside me and hold my hand. I turned towards the person and said "Hello Daniel, I am sorry about running away but I had my reasons."

He looked at me and said "I told you I loved you and we were supposed to be together from childhood? What changed?" I looked at him and said "I am sorry Daniel you were like a brother to me. I went on the trip and fell in love with this guy over here and now I am happily engaged." Showing him my ring. 

He said "You are not in love, you knew him not even for a year. I have known all your likes, dislikes, everything about you. I am staying here and going to make sure you realize your mistake. You will fall for me one day and I know that, I have seen how you cared for me and how you were worried for me, how you were sad because I was sad. That is love, you will realize soon, see you around." He said and left.

Alex looked at me and said "You okay? Let me pay the bill we will leave, we can talk at home."

I nodded and had tears in my eyes. He paid the bill and we left. On the way neither of us talked and I slept in the car like always thinking can atleast one day of my life go without any drama.