Part 19

Next week passed by the same routine every night I made dinner for Alex and he would come over after work and had it with me. Today is Saturday and Alex said he will take a day off as we had many things planned for the day. Today we our announcing about our engagement to media after that for lunch we are meeting my college friends and for dinner my brother and the boys. 

I woke up early and got ready around 9, Alex is gonna come pick me up for our interview. I made us both pancakes and set the table for us. Oliver and Connor have gone to Connor's parents house for dinner and stayed over, they will be coming back for dinner. 

I heard a car pull over and went out to open the door. Alex came inside and sat on the table for breakfast. I ask him "What will you have for drink?" "Coffee is it okay with you?" I nodded and said "I was gonna make coffee for myself as well so no problem." We ate our breakfast making small talks about what are we gonna do the whole day and about our interview. 

After that we left my house and went to a cafe for our interview. Alex told me on the way the lady interviewing us is Spencer, she is in her mid twenties and one of his one night stand. I was not angry but hurt about how many women he has been with and here I am a virgin Mary. As we reached the cafe, he opened the door for me and took my hand and lead me inside. 

Inside we saw the cafe was empty only a lady with a notebook, pen and a recorder was sitting on the table. He lead me towards her and he said " Spencer we are here." She turned towards us and she gave me a dirty look and shook hands with Alex. 

She said "It's good to see you Alex after a month or so? How have you been? I never thought you will marry someone so early? Is she one of your one night stand, who is pregnant with your child? Is it why you are marrying her." Alex said " Lily come sit down and Spencer do not ever insult my girl, she is nothing like you. I love her that's the reason I am marrying her and about being pregnant let me tell you we have not yet had sex, we are saving it for our first night after marriage." She looked angry, sad and jealous so many mixed emotion.

She said "Lets get this interview finished as soon as possible, I will ask you few questions about you two and you will answer it. You know the pattern." We both nodded and she asked the first question "How did you meet Ms. Maxwell, wasn't she supposed to be married to someone else?" 

Alex was about to answer but I caught his hand and said "It was an arrangement made by my parents, I did not wanted to marry him. I was already madly in love with this guy over here, so I ran away from London and here I am with him officially." 

She asked "How did you two meet and why keep your relationship a secret?" Alex said this time "She was on a trip few months back in New York, she stayed in one of my hotel and there I met her. In that short stay of her we became pretty close, I stopped my players way but then she left. We stayed in contact but I was back to my players way. One day I missed her a lot and visited her in Rome and asked her to be my girlfriend. She accepted it, but as both our companies were rival we planned to keep our relation a secret. But as it is said once a player always a player, I came back from Rome and started my player way. She found out about it and broke up with me. I went to London the day she was coming back  but she did not talk to me and next day I found about her engagement. She called me that night crying and told me that she loves me. I confessed her that I love her too and that I will get her away from there. So now we are both here happily engaged." He said.

She asked us "So when our we hearing the wedding bell?" We both replied together "Soon" Alex continued "The date is yet to be finalized, we will have to talk to her parents once before taking any decision." She nodded and asked "What if her parents do not want you two get married? What if they oppose you?" Alex said "We still will marry and hope one day they will support us." She nodded and said "Last question for the day "What if Maya comes back?" 

I look towards Alex he said "Nothing changes" He got up without me and left. I stand up and turn to follow him when Spencer said "I can say one thing he will leave you, he is still in love with her. Be careful." I ignored her and left.

Phone Swapजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें