9. Broken nose and blood everywhere

Dale

I had a massive headache from last night. It felt like I was playing metal in headphones at full volume. God hangovers were fucking horrible!

I groan and roll over in my bed, the creaking piercing my head and sending a spike of pain through my head. I cracked open an eye to see that my cell mate was out, probably at lunch or something. Sitting up I grabbed my head and waddled into the bathroom to see I looked like utter shit. Bags under my eyes that were extenuated by my grey skin. I looked like a zombie!

Groaning I tugged on the water that was colder then I liked it. Water droplets cascaded down my muscles, making me shiver. I let the water crash to my head, my hair mirroring an umbrella by directing the water down but away from my eyes. The cold drops soothing my aching head and muscles that strained from pain.

I totally forgot what happened last night, except Matt and I returning to my cell, fighting, Matthew getting pissed at something I can't quite put a finger on before being dragged out.

Its what he deserves.

Matt and I weren't best mates, ever since I got us in this place but he can still tolerate my playfulness and child like personality. We had began hanging around that Shadow dude about a year and a half ago. The Shadow was the Alpha and Matt and I were the Bêtes' kinda.

I ended the water stream and pulled on my jumpsuit.

Knocking on my door it was opened by Sherman who fucking bowed at me. The man was so easily manipulated, he was like a fucking slave for Shadow, Matt and I. The guy who snuck us the beer last night. I ruffled his hair before walking past him, making sure to knock him back with a nudge of my shoulder.

I strut down the halls like I owned this bitch which I basically did. Walking into the food court I see Matt and my cellmate having some not so friendly banter across the table. I walked over to hear them talking-yelling-about Shadow and some kid named Cole.

"He's confused!" Matt was arguing.

"Shadow isn't confused! You can tell from the way he looks at Cole!" The purple haired boy-who I may or not of forgotten the name of-bit back.

"Shadow falling for someone? Don't make me chuckle." I butt in with a mocking tone. I sat down beside Matt and ate off his plate. "Who's this Cole kid?" I ask to either one of them.

"Nobody-"

"The boy Shadow is interested in."

I bet you can put the name to the answer.

"I'm sorry did you just say 'boy Shadow is interested in'?" I choked on a pea from my cellmate's words. He nodded, purple hair flying around his small face. "Wow, I'd like to see that." I mutter, shocked. Sure Shadow liked to flirt with anything that was classified as a living thing-not joking he tried to flirt with a cactus once when he was drunk-but I didn't imagine him to actually feel something towards...anything.

Lucky kid.

"Where are they now?"

"Probably fucking back at their cell." Matt muttered.

"Nope, I'd of heard it. Shadows bed is right against the wall." I added and the boy with purple hair's eye's widened. "Sup kid?"

"Them both are in the cell next to us?" I nodded and his cheeks went bright red. "I think I heard them having sex last night." He blurted and I couldn't contain my laughter. Matthew looked horrified at the thought of Shadow pounding this Cole kid into the mattress. People were looking at me as if I were a loonie since my laughter was so obnoxious.

"You have got to be kidding me!"  My cellmate seemed to innocent to be hearing such things and that just made it even funnier.

---

Brendon

I can't believe it. Yeah, I knew the pare in the cell next to us were getting...intimate every five minutes but it being Cole, my only sorta friend!

My cheeks grew bright red and very hot. I had heard them do the sexual deeds from the other side of the wall!

I need therapy or just very large amounts of mind soap!

How? Why? Where? What?!

Why did the guards not interrupt?!

How did they do it?!

Where did they do it?!

And most of all...WHAT THE HELL?!

I hid my face in my hands and groan, why? I don't deserve this...yeah I did. Dale was cackling and wheezing while Matt was in shock induced silence. People were looking at us with their scared faces and frightening sneers. I sunk down in my seat, trying to hide from everyone else in this room.

I just don't like people looking at me...

I sneak a glance at Matt who was wearing a sneer but still managed to look hot as hell. He huffed and abruptly stood.

"How could Shadow do this to us?!" Matthew roared, shaking the table by slamming his open palms onto the serif. "I thought he was just fooling around-you know how he is-trying to get in the kids pants like a game before ignoring him after he got what he wanted but Shadow stuck around!" Why was Matt so pissed that Shadow actually cared for someone besides himself? "How will anyone here take us seriously now?! They are all supposed to fear us but how can they do that when the Alpha is a faggot?!"

"What the fuck did you just call me?!"

Shit.

Shadow had appeared at some point during Matthews little rant. Messy red hair that looked like it had been tugged on and red, swollen lips. Shadow had his hand around a pissed off Cole's shoulders.

Matt's face pales as he froze in place. Dale was smirking still and I couldn't move as I awaited the fight that would most probably end with a trip to the hospital or even cemetery. I watched Matthew gulp and slowly turn to the Red haired devil But soon as he faced Shadow a punch was landed into the pit of his gut causing him to double over in pain.

"That was for calling me a faggot because it's a horrible word to describe my baby boy here!" Shadow roared, grabbing hold of Matts collar. "This was for insinuating I am just some playboy!" He punched Matt in the face, his nose making a spine chilling cracking sound. Blood began running from his nose but Matt simply ignored the streaming blood. This time Shadow kicked him in the head and Matt fell on the table, his face landing under mine as we made eye contact.

"AND THAT WAS TO SHOW EVERYONE THAT JUST BECAUSE I AM INTERESTED IN A GUY I WILL NOT KICK YOUR ASS FOR PISSING ME THE FUCK OFF OR SO MUCH AS LOOKING AT COLE HERE!" This yell made the whole court turn to silence. Shadows voice scared me shitless. "DO I MAKE MYSELF FUCKING CLEAR YOU DICKWADS!"

The room was full of frightened murmurs of agreement. Shadow smirked before directing Cole back to their cell, hand on his ass.

"...Shit..." I let out the breath I had been holding before soon as the doors closed behind the two men. I look back at Matt who was still lying across the table, blood covering his face. "Crap! Matt are you okay?!" He comes back to reality and shoots up. Matt holds two fingers the blood above him top lips.

"Fuck." He groans with annoyance. "It hurts like a motherfucker! I think it's broken."

"I can help. I practice nursing at UNI." I offered and Matt glanced at me, nodding.