15. Daddy...Daddy...Daddy...

Cole

I walked down the hall with Brendon at my side. We had become pretty close friends recently. We were very different people but I think added to the bond we had.

It was a little awkward after last night with Shadow and I, Brendon had heard us...getting loud in the cell next to him. He hadn't said anything about it but I just knew he'd of hear since his bed was on the other side of the not so thick wall. That combined with the fact he hasn't made eye contact with me all day.

Normally at this part of the day everyone would be out in the yard but there were police officers and detectives out there so we were stuck in here.

A fight broke out up the hall, to beefy looking men where punching each other and spilling blood.

Brendon jumped and seemed to shrink but I just acted calm and collected.

I was used to brutal fights from back home.

When we got closer one of the smaller guys-who had gotten in the middle of the two knuckle heads that began fighting-grabbed my ankles, pleading me to help him with his eyes.

I felt bad for the kid but I couldn't help him.

I just kick off his foot, sent him an apologetic glance and pulled Brendon away from the fight.

"How could you do that?!" Brendon cried.

"You'll thank me later when they aren't beating you to a pulp." Brendon quietened and followed me to the group bathroom since the pipes that provided both our showers with water burst during the night. "Don't drop the soap." I reminded him with a smirk.

Brendon went pale.

I opened the door the hear a shower running and groaning.

Shit.

I blush and go to close the door again and give the guy some privacy but then I hear the man gasp out, "H-help," That was shadows voice.

I dropped the stuff I brought with me at the door and ran into the shower section of the bathroom.

I was coming up on the corner when I saw blood mixed with water escaping down a drain. I rounded the corner to see Shadow leaning on the wall under a stream of water, skin red from the hot water and the blood everywhere. Lying next to him was a girl, around the age of 40 with a knife in her naked chest.

"Hey, Baby Boy. C-can you help Daddy?" I look back at Shadow, his eyes hooded and blood cascading down his basically naked form. I'd be very hard right now if it weren't for the bad circumstances.

I rush over, falling to my knees and undoing my jumpsuit, tearing off my singlet underneath and holding it to his shoulder where a huge gash was open and bleeding heavily.

Without even know if Brendon was behind me I yell for him to get a guard.

Shadow's eyes' began closing so I shook him. "Hey! Shadow if you die on me I'll be pissed!" I heard him chuckle before wincing in pain and coughing up a spray of blood. "Just think about if you...if you close your eyes right now...who will be there to make me eat or take my meds or-OR FOR FUCKS SAKE WHO WILL BE THERE TO FUCK ME?!"