13. I don't have a daddy kink!

2 week later

Matthew

"Why would someone try to kill you?" I asked and my eyes wondered to the bandage around Shadows leg. They returned back to his face once he cleared his throat. "Then kill them selves right after? What's the point of murdering someone just to commit suicide?"

"I agree, it doesn't make sense." Brendon joined in to the convention at hand.

"Are you still here, runt?" Shadow sneered venomously down at the purple haired boy. "I thought I had told you to fuck off." Cole slapped Shadows arm with a sour expression. "Are you gonna spank me, baby boy?" He teased but was pushed away immediately. I was confused by the relationship between Cole and Shadow, they teased and flirted and groping each other one minute then the next Cole was reluctant to be close to Shadow.

The two just needed to sort their shit out.

It had come to my attention that Cole was a much different person around Shadow then he was around Brendon, Dale and I. He didn't seem to care much about his reputation of this cold and badass teen when it was just the two of them.

I felt as though I was the only straight person in our little group. Cole and Shadow were most definitely not anything but horny gay dudes and Brendon had told me that he was gay, Dale acted homo, he always teased Brendon but I am pretty sure it was just for fun. Still, I was the only one who was straight.

Yep, the only straight one.

I watched as the conversation continued, Brendon coming up with what Dale described them as 'conspiracy theories' to the issue at had. Shadow was feeding Cole like he did every day and I still don't know why, but like every day Cole was reluctant and hesitant. Shadow would rub his back and whisper things to him to make Cole open his mouth.

Every once and awhile Dale would brake out into a fit of laughter and Brendon would turn bright red. I didn't wanna know.

I felt like the fifth wheel and I wasn't about to go get me some boy toy to fool around with like the others had. I was straight. I could find a girl, yeah that's a good idea.

I looked around, all the girls here where either crazy or were to badass for my liking. I like shy and timid girls' who would curl up to me on the couch or hide behind me when she was scared. I wanted to be her hero and who she comes to when needed help with anything.

Wow, I sounded like I wanted to be like a father to my girlfriend. Shit, don't take that the wrong way! It's not like I have a daddy kink or some shit! That was Shadow's department.

Though the idea didn't seem to off putting...NO, NO!

I wasn't a kinky person, not even a simple one like someone calling me daddy...

"Matt? Matthew? Hello?" I was snapped back to reality when Brendon waved a hand in front of my face.

"I don't have a daddy kink!" I blurted and everyone looked at me. Crap. Cole and Shadow exchanged humoured looks while Dale burst at the seems from cackling. "Shit," I hiss under my breath. A few other inmates were giving me weird looks and I even blushed. I never fucking blush.

"Oookayyy," Brendon murmurs to brake the awkwardness I was feeling. "Wait, are you-are you BLUSHING?!" He pointed out and I immediately went even more red. Dale just laughed even harder and slammed his hand onto the table and clutched his stomach. Shadow soon joined in on mocking me while the to bottoms at the table just rolled their eyes at the tops and snickered.

"Ne-never-in th-the four y-y-years I've know M-Matt has h-he ev-ever blushed!" Dale roared with laughter.

"Hey, Cale, SHUT UP!" He calmed down a bit and sent me a glare at the nickname. "We should get going out to the yard. I wanna kick Dale's ass at some basketball."

"Oh, you're on, Smith!" He chuckled and jumped up out of his plastic chair. "Move your big ass out onto the court you motherfucker!" Dale tugged on my hair and ran off before I could attack him. I chased after him, down the halls and out the big door but I knocked into him right outside the doors.

Dale had stopped dead in his tracks.

I snuck a look over his shoulder to see yellow tape shaped out in a square, police officers running around and two detectives talking. One had red hair and looked around 15 but I knew he had to be at leased 32, the other looked 40 with black hair and stubble on his defined jawline.

"The fuck?" I whipped around to see Cole looking confused as the rest of us. "Why are there police here? I mean I know why they're here but why one week after the attempt?"

"We had to get a blessing from the manager of the prison to conduct tests and search the scene." The red haired detective spoke up first. "I am Detective inspector Simon Wood and this is my partner, Detective Inspector Dean Goodman. We are in charge of this investigation."

"Investigation? What is there to investigate? He tried to kill me then he committed suicide, the end." Shadow drooled in a matter-of-fact tone of voice.

"We want to know why the deceased tried to kill you." Dean spoke. "The man was also a inmate here, Malcom Star, a rapist and murderer. We believe that someone-we don't know who-was working through the man. We've done some research on this Malcom Star, he often said he had nothing to live for, no children or wife, his family disowned him after he got a life sentence in here-"

Brendon hugged himself and looked down at the ground, I wonder...

"We have a theory that Malcom made a deal with another inmate that wanted you dead."

"Kill Shadow for an excuse to commit suicide?" Cole asked, unsure. "Hardly seems like a good deal." I caught Shadow smile. "I mean, yeah the bitch had nothing to live for but even I wouldn't agree to a deal as shit as that." Shadow looked proud of Cole and Simon simply smiled.

"You know kid, you'd make a good detective some day." Simon complimented. Cole's face caught fire and he coughed, Cole's hand finding Shadow's.

"Simon." Dean says in a warning tone and Simon rolls his eyes. "Now, Jayden, do have any idea of why someone would like you dead?" Jayden? It looked like the others were confused about the same thing I was.

"Jayden?" Brendon spoke up about what everyone else was thinking.

"Yeah, my name. Did you seriously think my mother wrote the name 'Shadow' on my birth certificate?" Shadow laughed at us.

"Maybe," Cole whispered and Shadow-or Jayden-just ruffled his blonde hair. Cole swatted the hand away and wore his classic scowl. "Fuck off, mate."

"Love you, baby boy." Shadow kissed Cole's temple that had gone red along with the rest of him.

"Yeah, whatever." Was the reply. I let out a small chuckle while Dale being Dale let out a bellowing howl of laughter and Brendon smiled a bit, hiding behind me. "Shut up, the lot of you! Just shut your fucking mouths!" That only made us laugh more. "Fuck this, now Jayden answer the fucking question."

We all rolled our eyes, even the detectives that I momentarily forgot existed.

"Um, well someone could want me six feet under because I'm the top dog here and all those bitches are jealous that I have this sweet ass," Cole jumped as Shadow squeezed his ass, not ripping his eyes off the detectives. "Or perhaps they're out for my power and reputation?" He shrugged off the fact someone had caused him to be confined to crutches for the next six weeks after being shot by some guy who's aim was to murder him but instead missed then jumped from a twenty meter building.

Just another day for the all mighty Shadow!