25. I-I love you too

I think this works perfectly with Cole and Shadow's relationship^^^

Cole

When I arrived at the abandoned hallway —Shadow's and I's spot— there was nobody there. It was just as dimly lit and cold as always.

"Shadow?" I had meant to say it louder but the eeriness of the hall caused it to sound more like a whisper. There was no answer. Perhaps it were a trick, some bitch getting my hopes up before crushing them instantly.

I turned around to head back to my cell to mope in self pity but something collided to my temple and I fell to the floor, my vision blurred. Someone walked towards me, He had a bat held loosely in his hands, scrapping it along the floor behind him. The strangers foot slammed into my abdomen then They knelt on one knee, grabbing my hair and pulling me up roughly. The boy had almost black skin and a beautifully sculpted features.

I had many questions but I didn't have time to ask any of them before I was lying limp and unconscious on the floor.

---

Coming back to my senses it took me longer then it should of to release I was being pulled to my feet from the grown. What the hell is happening again. Feet pattered in the distance though I knew it was probably only one hundred feet away it sounded like miles away just like everything else. It didn't even feel as though I was standing, merely floating like a balloon on a string.

"Time to put on a show." Someone said in my ear. My temple burned with the feeling of something freezing cold and metallic being held to it and I found it hard to breathe from the arm wrapped around my throat. "I'm gonna need you to scream, okay." I shook my head, defining the bitch who I only just figured out was holding a gun to my head.

Probably not the best idea.

A lighter was held to my palm. He flicked it on and the red hot flame boiled my skin above it.

I scream in agony and the pandering of the already thundering footsteps increased. They came closer and closer till they stopped right in front of us.

"Cole!" Shadow screamed, taking a pace forward but stopped once my capture pushed the gun closer to my temple.

"Take one more step and I shoot your baby boy's brains out!" He mocked Shadow's nick name for me with a foul sneer. He need to eat a whole packet of mints. His breath smelt like death took a day off to visit a farm and got forced to clean out the stables. He had horrible breath is what I'm getting at.

Shadow was getting angry but he hid it for the good of this situation. He held his hands up in front of him. "Hey, you don't need to do this. Just drop the gun and we can forget this ever happened, okay? You're still young, don't do this, you'll ruin whatever chance of redemption you have left. Whoever is telling you to do this is wrong." I don't think Shadow noticed but the black skinned boy eased his hold on my throat slightly.

"So this isn't Cole Case? The boy you would trade your life for? That if I hurt a single hair on his head you'll kill me? What would happen if I pulled the trigger on this here gun? Would you —the all powerful Shadow— morn or even cry?" I found myself wondering the same thing. Would shadow care if I died?

"Of course! I'd die as well..." Shadow confessed without a second thought.

I sobbed, tears unwilling falling because of Shadow's deep and meaningful words.

I realised at this moment...I did love Shadow...so much...

More tears fell as I thought about it.

I loved him so much and I have for weeks now, I was just too deep in denial that I didn't know. That's why I felt so terrified about him leaving or the fact that Jax and Ace began heavily making out in their car before leaving didn't make me cry after.

To me, Shadow wasn't just this force to be reckoned with or a aggressive monster.

To me Shadow was the one person who cared enough to get me help, he was kind and funny and generous. He was protective and sly, he was Shadow and he was perfect.

"Hey, baby, don't cry. Everything fine, okay? I love you."

The boy holding the gun gaged and I just sobbed harder.

"I-I love you too." Great, now Shadow was crying as well. We really were hardcore men.

Shadow looked like I had just gotten down on one knee and proposed to him with his teary eyes widened and mouth hanging open. We just stared into each other's eyes so it surprised me to feel the gun separate from my sweaty forehead.

The relief didn't last long as a gun shot rang out and my vision was clouded by red. I thud echoed off the walls and I no longer felt an arm around my neck or a gun to my head, ready to shoot.

I wiped my eyes from the haze of blood to see the handsome boy on the ground with a bullet between the eyes. Poor guy.

I truely did feel sorry for him, I know he didn't have anything against Shadow or I. Someone was just manipulating him into doing their dirty work.

I was almost knocked off my feet when strong arms crashed into me, pulling me so close to an equally hard chest. I sobbed into his shirt and he into my hair.

"Did-did you mean it? Shadow asked and I just nodded, to broken to speak. "Did he hurt you, baby boy?" Shadow grabbed my wrist not to hard but they still stung. I winced a little but he noticed. "What? What's wrong, my love?" My heart swelled at his words.

I accidentally flickered my sight to my cover wrist and to my horror Shadow started rolling back my sleeve. I tried to pull it out of his grip but he only held tighter on. Shadow's eyes went wide as my open wounds were put on display.

"Well, well, well, isn't this touching." A familiar voice came from behind Shadow. I pierce past my lover to where a sinister looking Dale stood with a pistol twirling around his finger. "You know, that kid was nice to bad he was a softy." He laughed like he does but it seemed a lot more unsettling this time compared to the others.

I was pushed behind Shadow in a protective manner.

"Dale, wanna explain?" Shadow suggested with a strained voice.

"Sure, buddy old pale." Dale still seemed energetic and care free but he now disturbed me. My hand gripped the piece of shirt on the small of Shadow's back. "I'm a sociopath!" He laughed again. "Long story short; some business man offered me freedom and a shit load of money to kill you, Shadow!"

"I'm glad to know that I'm such an important person in your life." Shadow drooled sarcastically.

"Oh, I'm going to have fun with this!" Dale laughed so unsettlingly I whimpered.