11. If at first you miss, jump.

Warning: loads of blood, gore and a suicide

Cole

I jumped up and slammed the ball into hoop before landing back on my feet.

"FUCK YEAH!" I cheered and I heard a chuckle from behind me. I turn my smiling face to see Shadow smirking but at the same time it held happiness like a genuine smile. "What?" I deadpaned. Shadow shakes his head and lifted up his singlet to wipe away the sweat from his forehead. I was blessed with the sight of all 8 of his rippling abs. I subconsciously licked my lips and memorised his extremely muscular lower torso.

"Like hat you see, baby boy?" Shadow mocked my starring.

"So what is I did?" I teased back. Shadow struts up to me, wrapping his arms around my shoulders and pulling me closer.

"I'd have to punish you." He resorted with a sly smirk. He lent down to kiss my neck and I threw my head back to give him more room to mark me. And mark me he did. Shadow bit down on my Adam's apple and I moan. I hear a chuckle but I ignored it and let Shadow have his way with the skin on my neck.

After leaving three hickeys on my flesh he lifted his head back up so our lips were grazing. I was just about to close the gape but then it happened.

I heard it before it hit. A gun shot.

It was a unmistakable sound that was carried by the wind. Only moments after, Shadow collapsed to the basketball court we were standing on, blood gushing out of his body and forever staining the concrete below my feet. I dropped down next to him and searched him for the wound.

"Motherfucker!" Shadow groaned and grabbed his right thigh. I was momentarily distracted from all the blood and curses pouring from Shadows mouth like rain when a crunch echoed around the yard. Other inmates gasped or screeched, some even cackling.

He had jumped from the top of the building, 20 meters in the air and his head had caved in. The mans blood traveled meters, his limbs all twisted and a rib or two protruded from his chest.

He had killed himself.

My eyes drifted to the pistol still loosely gripped in his left hand. The man had tried to murder Shadow! But he had missed then committed suicide? I look back at Shadow to see his eyes wide as he realised the same thing I had just before.

"That bitch tried to fucking murder me!" He bit, venom seeping through his tone. Shadow tried to stand but fell back onto me, he smiled up at me before he grimaced. "Could we please get this motherfucking bullet out of my leg?!" A pare of guards rushed over while the others were directing everyone inside the building once more.

Shadow was helped up by the officers who were taking him to the single hospital room in the prison. I followed close behind but was pushed back by some office with a huge nose and a mono-brow.

"Kid, you can't go in there. Go hang with all the other low life criminals." The man said.

"I don't like being told what to do." I smiled innocently before my knee collided with his balls. "Whoops," I mock and let him fall, clutching his crotch. "Honestly man, grow a pair and stop being a little shit." I roll my eyes at his weakness before whistling my way after Shadow, hands in pockets.

Okay no. I was jogging after him before the doors closed. Again I was stopped outside the door of the room Shadow was in.

"You can't go in there."

"Your buddy said the same thing and he's gonna have black balls for awhile." I sass but the woman just narrowed her eyes at me. She looked familiar. "Do I know you?"

"No. You know the woman I used to be. Grade ten English teacher." She replied.

"Oh my god! Mis. Black?! Great seeing you again, though I didn't think it'd be under these circumstances." I smiled cheerfully. Mis. Black was my favourite teacher back in high school, such a nice woman who always stood up for me no matter what. She always believed I could be better then a violent boy but I guess she was wrong.

"As did I." Mis. Black says. "I thought I told you that I didn't wanna see you in a place like this when I left the school?" I bite my cheek and hang my head.

"I'm sorry Mis. Black. I'd take it back if I could." I told her and soon I felt her long fingers ruffle my hair.

"That's all that matters." She tells me. "So tell me, you and the big bad Alpha? How did I guess?" Mis. Black joked. She hasn't changed one bit.

"You know I like the bad boys, Mis." My smile was returned. "Actually Shadow has been forcing himself on me since I got here yesterday and I just cave I guess." She chuckled and places a kiss on my temple.

"What about Jax though?" My smile falls from my face at her next question. "Oh...tell me Bub, what happened?" She sat me down outside the door of the room and held my hands.

"Well he went to Juvy...again," I smile and so does Mis. Black. "He was placed in a new school-on the south side-and he met another boy called Ace. Jax kinda cheated on my for around two weeks before he broke up with me for the boy. I was drunk! I was mad! God I hate myself!" I cried.

Mis. Black hugs me and calmed me down by stroking my hair. "Is that why you're here? Did you...did you kill Jax?" I pull back with wide eyes and mouth hanging open.

"God no! I'd never hurt him! I love him...always and forever..." I recited the words Jax had told me after confessing his love for me the fist time. "I would never hurt Jax and if I ever did I'd kill myself...I tried to kill Ace by giving some druggie pounds of cocaine to hit his car with a truck..." I confessed.

"Oh baby." She cooed. "I can tell you regret it."

Suddenly the door opened and Shadow came out on a wheel chair. He locked eyes with me and there was pain and anger swimming around in them. Crap, I think he hear me talking about Jax.

"Shadow I-" I stood up and began making my way over to him but he held up a hand.

"Save it, Cole." My heart ached. Cole? Not baby boy or nice-ass just Cole? Is he seriously mad at me enough to not call me by a pet name like always? "I don't have time for this." And with that a wheeled off back to our cell.

"I can't do anything fucking right!" I yelled and punched the concrete wall beside me. I hand rested on my shoulder before I whipped around to pull Mis. Black into a bone crushing hug. She ran her fingers through my hair as I cursed myself.

"Cole honey I suggest going after him. In the past 4 years I've been working here I have never seem that man show any emotions other then rage and sinister joy. That's because of you, NOW GO GET YOUR MAN!"