26. Run baby

Shadow

"So," Dale clapped his hands together, a manic grin twisting his face. "What game do you suggest we play first?" Dale twirled his gun around his pointer finger and scraped a metal bat behind him as Dale slowly and teasingly advanced towards Cole and I.

"That's all this is to you? A game!" Cole cried from behind my back, trying to step out from my shadow and into the open where Dale could easily shoot him. I pushed him back behind me, holding his hand tightly in my.

I knew Cole could take care of himself, he's been doing it since he was 12, but at the same time I felt it were my duty to protect him from this mad man. If anything were to happen to my baby boy I'd blame myself and I wouldn't be able to live knowing I allowed him to be injured or —I don't even want to think about it— or if he were killed.

Cole squeezed my hand in a pattern. I knew the pattern since I did it to him all the time.

I love you.

I do it back and fight the smile desperate to show.

Cole loved me! I knew he already did but now, it was just confirmed.

If our lives weren't being put in front of a gun, then I'd take my baby boy right here. I don't care about that free men bullshit! I just wanted Cole.

And I had him, Cole was all mine. He didn't belong to Jax or any other filing he's had, not even that fella he was deep throating earlier. He loved me not them, so SUCK IT BITCHES!

No, don't do that, you're not my baby boy. Back off.

"Yep, pretty much." Dale shrugged. I gritted my teeth as he got to close. But then he stopped dead in his tracks about 10 feet away from us. "I know! Have you ever heard the sound of boiling flesh?!"

---

Cole screamed out loud, my name being chanted over and over but I couldn't hear him over the laughter next to my ear.

I now would always have a burn mark on the side of my abdomen to remind me of this shit show of a day.

Cole fought against the man who was holding him back. He bit, kicked, thrashed at the man but still couldn't escape the hold on his wrists...his cut wrists.

I just couldn't believe Cole had done that. I couldn't believe it was my fault! I had made him do that horrible, horrible act and I would never forgive myself.

When all this was over, I am going to hold him, kiss him, love him for the rest of my god damn motherfucking life and nobody would ever stop me.

I was ripped aggressively from my pledge when Dale pushed the lighter closer to my skin, the sound of my melting flesh made him cackle like a witch. I screamed, red hot anger exploding out with the sound. I took the pain because if I didn't, Cole would be the one to take it. That wasn't going to happen. Ever.

Even from this far away I could see the pain in Cole's eyes and he cried and begged for Dale to stop this. He was shaking, no doubt being held up by the body builder and if not would of collapsed to the floor. My heart ached to watch this.

"You're fucking sick!" I hissed down at my old friend only to receive a chuckle.

"Maybe, but at least I am getting paid for it."

"If you want to kill me," I roared and Cole shook his head like he didn't want me to say it. "Just fucking do already."

"Oh, no. I'm going to drag this out as long as possible."

---

About an hour has past and I was covered in soon to be scars, bruises, burn marks, cuts, blood and I had at least two broken ribs and three broken fingers and all my fingers nails had been torn off.

Dale was taking a brake from killing me to take a call. Yes he had been gifted a cell phone from this business man he was working for.

I felt betrayed. Dale was my friend. He was the first person I told about Cole who he had now made scream and cry. I made him who he was now, he'd be at the bottom of the food chain here if it weren't for me. I trusted him, cared for him, protected him and now that son of a bitch has literally stabbed me in the back.

No, I had a dagger poking from my lower back.

Cole was on his knees, shaking and sniffing. His hands were tied behind his back and his head was hung so I could see past his curtain of hair. His clothes were torn and he was whimpering my name. It reminded me of a dream I once had.

I needed to get to him. I needed to.

From my place on the floor that I could barely mover from, Cole was about 10 feet away. I wasn't going to make the short distance with body builder and not end up hurt but I could get my baby boy to safety.

I clawed my body along the concrete floor, telling myself all the pain of this action was for a good cause.i knew that the man couldn't leave from Cole side to stop me because then my sweet boy would run, that fact gave me the upper hand.

I was getting close, my body hurt but it didn't mind. The man watch me closely like he was questioning what he should do.

"I wouldn't do that, carrot top. I pack one hell of a punch." His rough voice pulled a whimper from my loves lips. I cast him a daring glare.

"Try me, bitch." I knew this idea was going to get me royally fucked up. The Mr. minion showed my his teeth in an angry sneer. He let go of my baby —just like I had planed— and charged towards me. Shit.

I didn't truely think this through.

Normally I'd be able to whoop this hoes ass within seconds but I —as you probably know— have been weakened and now barely stood a chance.

Before I knew what was happening Mr. Minion had me in a head lock while kneeing me in the stomach.

"Shadow!" Cole screamed as I chocked in the other man hold.

"R-run, baby! Get help!" I gasped.

Yes I am aware this chapter is shit!

I'm unmotivated and in a shitty headspace right now so this is the best you're gonna get,

Hopefully I'll be better tomorrow or whenever I decide to update next.

Vote.Comment.Share

!¡Stay wicked!¡

~Ash