13. Choosing between the two

Pia's pov - It was midnight, I drove home feeling slightly tipsy. I entered and first decided to go check on Jenny. All the security guards and system was working properly and I didn't got any warning notification on my mobile. So I hurriedly went to her bedroom. On the door, big notice was placed.

'Knock before entering and do not eavesdrop. Especially YOU!'

I rolled my eyes. I opened the door directly and there she was sprawled on the full king sized bed with her face buried in the mattress. Is she sleeping? didn't she heard me entering? I knocked on the door. She hurriedly looked up at me and frowned.

"The notice on the door said, knock before entering and not enter before knocking" she said narrowing her eyes. I shrugged.

"I thought it's not for me" I said. But I already know that notice is only for me.

"Sorry for the inconvenience but I'll make sure next time to write your name" she said. I rolled my eyes.

"By the way why are you still up? When I checked at 8:30 you were snoring" I asked confused.

"I got up now because I got a nightmare" She said looking down. I went towards her and sat beside her.

"What nightmare?" I asked because it wasn't normal for Jenny to get nightmares, it happened first time and so I want to know why.

"I saw something happened to mom and dad" she whispered slowly. I softened and hugged her.

"I talked with them and they said that they are coming soon" I assured her. She nodded. We pulled back. She relaxed and pouted at me. I looked at her questionably.

"What?" I asked. She grinned.

"Ice-cream?" she asked begging. I frowned. She pouted again and I sighed.

"Ok. Come on... And after that you will sleep. We have school tomorrow" I said raising my finger. She rolled her eyes and nodded.

We went to our garage and I drove her in my white lambo. We went to the 'Sunday ice-cream parlour'. It was our favorite ice cream parlor from childhood. Our mom used to bring us here. We went inside and took seat. Melanie came to take our orders. She was a petite old lady with blonde hairs fixed in a neat bun and pale skin. She was also the owner of this place but she likes to work on her own. We smiled at her as she approached.

"What pleasure I own to have my favorite girls here" she asked.

"Hello Melanie" We said.

"Hello my dear. Where's your mom?" she asked.

"She is out of country with dad for work" I said. She nodded smiling.

"So what you want?" Melanie asked removing her notebook.

"Chocolate chip cookie ice-cream cup" Jenny said.

"Chocolate chip cone" I said. She noted down our orders and went.

I checked my mobile and I was having unread messages from Henry which I didn't even opened till now. I felt guilty. He genuinely helped me today and all I did was ignored him. I pressed on his unread messages.

Henry - Hey.

Henry - I found out your name. It wasn't so hard actually.

I felt guilty. He called me by my name at college and I was surprised, so he must have understood I have not read his messages and on that I was chatting with belna in class where I sat beside him. I should reply him.

Me - Hey. Sorry for the late reply.

After that I kept my mobile in my pocket. Melanie came back with our orders. We thanked her and started eating.