epilogue - 3

Carter's pov - "Ok sir. We will take care of that. Anything else?" My secretary nina asked on a call. I watched her speaking professionally and doing her job well, like always.

"Sure. Thankyou for your crucial time sir. Have a good day" she said and disconnected the call. I watched with anticipation about the news she was going to give. She sighed and came to my table. I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Well?" I asked.

"We have to stay today and tomorrow will be our meeting with mrs sherley. She will finalize the deal on the account of cezlyn corporation" She explained. I groaned.

"We have to stay?" I asked with distaste.

"Unfortunately yes sir" she said. I motioned her to take seat and sighed. I leaned back on my chair looking at the ceiling.

"What are today's plans?" I asked.

"Nothing sir. We don't have anything to do for the whole day. We have to wait for tomorrow" she said helplessly. Again I groaned.

"Well then you can rest for the day" I said with nothing to do.

"What about you sir? If you don't mind me asking. Your hotel suit is right beside mine" she stated.

"Yeah I know. You go, I'll be taking a walk" I stated. She looks sceptically at me and then get up.

"If you need me just give me a call" she says while going. I nod and she leaves. I pickup my mobile and leave everything in office itself. It's still morning and the day is nice and warm. I walk few lanes ahead of the office and admire the busy crowd on Sunday. Nobody is working like me, but are with their families and loved ones to enjoy the weather.

I feel the annoying emptiness inside me again. I shake it off and breathe fresh air. I walk wondering and reach to a park. It was beautiful, with cherry blossoms and ducks swimming in the lake. Many kids were playing and parents were watching, reading or talking. I sit on a bench near the lake watching the happy families and children. I was in a different country or a continent but still the happy faces made me kind of sad.

Don't take me wrong, I am happy for everyone here but I am not happy for myself. I built my own business in California, on my own with nothing. Then I made it international, still on my own. Today I am having my own house in California, cars, five business hubs worldwide. But still there is something missing. I am not having someone to share this with. After my parents, I am all alone. The one person I loved... Loved someone else. The memories still ached everytime I think about her. I work my ass day and night just to forget about her. I don't take holidays even on sundays, so that I am not alone. I couldn't afford to face everything again. I left everything behind me. I left pia behind forever.

It's been 5 years. I left new York with my heart shattered into millions of peices. I never gave myself a chance to think about it. I distanced myself from everything which reminded me of her or my gang. Eventually after one year, my friends found me in California. Liam and Xavier were so disappointed in me, while edi was beyond furious. That was the day I'll never forget. I chuckled remembering. That day I was lectured whole day, slapped twice, punched once, cried all day. Edi, Xavier and Liam forced me to come home. New York. But I refused and told them California is my home now. On which they decided to leave newyork and live with me in California. I was beyond shocked and happy to have them as my friends. Within a fraction of seconds, without thinking about anything else they decided to give up everything for me. I am thankful for them.

My phone vibrates in my pocket. I take it out to see that it is a video call from edi. I chuckle and pick-up.

"What do you want edi?" I asked smiling slightly. I know he must have called for something stupid.

"Hey dude, where's the damn ketchup?" He asked with his head inside our fridge and hand holding mobile.

"Edi, I could've been in a meeting now" I said matter of factly. He looks at the screen, squinting his eyes.

"Then what the fuck are you doing in a park" he asked eyebrows furrowing. I sigh.

"My meeting got cancelled at the last minute, it's tomorrow and I have nothing to do for the day. So yeah, I took a stroll nearby" I explain.

"You have whole day buddy and it's freaking London. Just go and have some fun" he suggests like it is a normal thing for anyone to do.

"Yeah no thanks" I said rolling my eyes. He does same.

"No Carter, NO thinking. It gets dirty" he said strictly. I sigh and nod.

"I know. I am just heading at my suit" I said.

"Ok just tell me, where is that ketchup already" he said once again searching all over the kitchen. I roll my eyes.

"Ask our freaking chef edi" I said like 'duh'. What am I? A chef?

"Oh. I totally forgot, we have a chef. Well, see you then buddy" he said and I hang up, rolling my eyes again.

I get up to leave, when all the hell break loose. I see her. I just stand there dumbfounded, with my jaw almost touching ground. In other state or country or fucking continent. She is still most beautiful girl I ever saw. That smile haunted me for years and after so many sleepless nights, she is standing there in front of me in hers own glory. I stand there for how long, I don't know, watching her play with two children. One is beautiful girl and a small boy, who is just as adorable. I couldn't move or do anything. I just stare at them awestruck. After so many years, she is front of me, still as beautiful as she was back then. My pia. Liam told me how she disappeared living everyone behind and nobody knew the reason, I was heartbroken. I thought ill never love someone after her and I was right. It's not that I did not try. I tried with my fucking everything but I just couldn't. And now that she is here front of me, it's taking everything in me to not just go there, take her in my arms and kiss her. To forget about everything and just be with her. 

Without knowing what I am doing, I walk up to her. She doesn't notice me at first but as I go near her, I see her shocked etched on her face. We stand front of each other like that for whole five minutes, speaking with our eyes, the depths of our feelings. I can see her, shellshocked and heartbroken all at once, I know I am not any different. A shout break our small World.

"Mommm, I am hungry"

"I wanth glapes momm"

I jerk my head towards the two children and notice they are indeed talking with pia. My heart starts beating faster and faster with each passing minute. They are calling her mom. She is a mother. How foolish of me to think she will be still unmarried or single. The pain which comes along with it is unbearable. After so many years I get to see her and when I finally find my happiness, my peace, my whole world comes crashing down.

The two children come running towards her and shake her hand.

"Momm, I am hungry"

"Me thoo"

She recovers from hers shock and look at them. She looks back at me and sighs deeply, closing her eyes. She again smile at the children and bend down to their eye level.

"Sky, can you be a good girl and take yourself and your brother to the basket and eat" she asks politely. The small girl named sky nods and run off taking hers brothers hand. Pia stands back up, and looks at me and smile for the first time after ages. My heart skips a beat. But recover miraculously fast.

"Pia... You... Here... How? When?" I stutter not knowing what to ask first. She smiles sadly again.

"I missed you Carter" she said and I melt there like a ice cube in fire.

"I missed you so much pia.." I say. I just want to kiss her so much. She smiles and hers eyes soften. She comes forward and hug me. I immediately hug her back, forgetting about everything. I wanna live in this moment forever. She, in my arms still fits perfectly. Hers that scent, haven't changed. I breath hers scent and hold her so tight. I never want to let her go again, but I don't know what the future holds for us. Forgetting everything for a moment I just hold her with all my might.