Ch.20

Jade's P.O.V

The ambulance finally came which felt like hours,but I'm sure it's a few minutes. I sat in the back of the amblance,holding Harry's hand. I was still wet with egg shells and yolks splattered on my shorts and floral shirt. I didn't care if I smelled. Harry was more important than fashion sense,right now. I watched over his pale,shirtless body revealing a big purple bruise on the rightside of his abdomen. Blood started coming out of it a little. They put a mask with a pumping bag on his face.

He stared up at me,givng me a weak smile that made me want to break down right there. I couldn't,I can't. I have to stay strong for Harry. My eyes started to sting,making tears come out. I bit my bottom lip from preventing the tears of welling up in my eyes. I've never seen Harry so helpless. Usually,he's that cheky,flirt with cute dimples I love. Wait! 'I love'? What about Nialler? I know he's goin to be hearbroken if he knew. I shook my head from those thoughts.

"It's ok." he mouthed then smiled. I bit my lip more from showing any tears.

"Harry,it's not. You're not. Look at yourself." I whispered shaking my head. Tears started welling in my eyes,covering my vision of Harry. Tears started running down my face then Harry reached up and caught some with his pointer finger. I wiped the tears away wth my back hand. I smiled then took in an uneasy breath.

"There's the smile I love." he whispered to me,smiling. I let out a shaky laugh.

"How could you be so strong,even if you're in pain?" I asked. He shrugged. The ambulance pulled up to the hospital and he was immedietely rushed in. I walked fast,holding his hand. We reached the white double doors and two nurses held me back making me let go of Harry's hand.

"Harry! I'll never leave you!" I yelled after Harry then broke down infront of those doors.

The cold floor making my legs have goosebumps. I pulled my legs to my chest then started rocking back and forth. I don't care if people would look at me weird.

"Honey,there's a waiting area for you and I think you're friends are there,too." A female voice whispered. I shook my head and looked away from her. I guess she left because she didn't say anything else.

"Jade,come. There's a waitingroom." A familliar Irish voice said.

"N-no. I told Harry I'm going to stay here." I pointed my finger where I sat.

"Bu-" I cut him off.

"No,Niall! You don't get it! I promised him I'm going to stay here! I don't want to lose another important person in my life!" I yelled,looking up then punched the ground with my fist. He blinked a few times then he walked backwards then left. I put my forehead on my knees. I regretted that last sentence. I never like talking about my dad. I didn't really like guys hanging around my mom.

I remember clearly of what happened that day.

*******FLASHBACK*******

Mom,dad and ten year old Jade were sitting around the table,eating dinner. "How was your day,Jadeybaby?" he asked,using his nickname for me. I liked his nickname for me. It was only our thing to do.

"It was ok. Ali threw a stink bomb in the boys locker,again. FYI: don't mess with Ali if she doesn't have food in her stomach." we laughed together.

"I could te-" my dad was cut off by mom.

"No,you are not going to teach our little Jade,here, how to make a stink bombs or teach martial arts." my mom said looking at my dad. He looked down and I sank in my chair. I looked over at my dad. He looked down at his plate.

Mom always said I was adventurous, wisdom and knew how to make people happy or smile. I looked like my mom,but had lighter brunette hair like my dad.

His head fell on his plate. My eyes got wide and I got off my chair then rushed over to him. My mom did the same and we picked up his head. His eyes were still open,but I only saw the white part of his eyes.

"Daddy? Daddy,wake up!" I pleaded. His body wasn't moving.

"Jade,honey,stay here. I'm going to call for an ambulance." my mom left me with my dad.

I shook my dad to wake up. I didn't know what was happening. My tears started to fall down my face,while shaking my dad. My mom came back then pulled me away from him. I tried pushing her away,but she made me go upstairs. I ran to my room and went to my window. I opened the window then saw an ambulance pull up,with th lights flashing and blinding me.

I saw them take a gurney in my house then after a few minutes my dad came out on the gurney with his eyes closed. My mom called me down.

"Hun,you're going to hangout with Ali tonight." my mom said guiding me downstairs and into her car. She drove me down the street to Ali's house. My mom got out of the car with me then we walked towards Ali's door. My mom knocked on the door then Ali's mom opened it then took me in. My mom left after I walked through that door.

*******THE NEXT DAY*******

I woke up on Ali's bed. I looked around confused then remembered what happened. I was the only one in the room. I walked downstairs. Ali and Momma Grims were sitting on the couch. They both looked up at me.

"Jade,go change. Your mom is going to pick you up soon,to see visit your dad." she gave me an apollegetic smile. But why? My dad's going to be fine.

"Ali,can I borrow something?" I asked.

"Sure." she got off the couch then followed me upstairs. She walked to her drawers then threw dark skinny jeans and an orange sweater on the bed. I changed out of my clothes then put Ali's clothes on. We walked outside then sat on the couch.

After a few minutes,my mom came. I walked outside then got in the car. My mom sped to the hospital. We got out of the car then into the hospital. Everything felt slowed down while walking somewhere. My heart was pounding and my hands started to become sweaty. My mom led me to a room where my dad's pale body was at. I broke down in the doorway.

*******END OF FLASHBACK*******

I didn't care to move from that spot,after Harry went in.