Jason Voorhees (one shot)

You are a nature photographer, it's what you do. Spending time in the woods is something that has just come natural to you and today you drove out to an abandoned camp site. Most would think it is creepy but some of the landscapes you could get from here would be amazing. You parked your car by the main road, not wanting to get stuck or lost in the wilderness and began walking down the trails. Cabins peaked through the trees in the cleared distance, obviously not lived in or cared for for some time. You began snapping pictures, looking into the trees and searching for wildlife in unique angles. You began walking towards the lake and looking through your pictures.

You froze, seeing something in one of them that didn't add up. It looked like a man, standing in between the trees watching you. Chills went up your spine. You were alone, at an abandoned campsite. Who was going to be alone in these woods, all the way out at Camp Crystal Lake. You heard leaves crunch behind you and let your camera fall around your neck. You turned your head slightly and saw the man, adorned in a hockey mask and dirty jeans and a sweatshirt. You lost your breath and began hyperventilating as he took several steps toward you quickly. You could feel your feet running but didn't know where you were going. You turned back around and ran for the pier. You knew it stopped but maybe you could swim out and he would leave. 

When you got to the end of the pier, he stood warily on the other side, seemingly scared of the water. "Who are you," you yelled. He didn't respond but watched you. You began walking towards him, the water was deep and in all honesty you couldn't swim. Water didn't care who you were, it would take you in a heartbeat, you hoped you could get through to the man. "Look buddy, I'll be honest, I can't swim. If I jump I'm gonna drown." You said, holding your hands up, standing about ten feet away from him. If he wanted to kill you he would have done it already. "I'm sorry, I can leave." You said pleading with him. He didn't move but just stared at you. 

"I can show you the pictures I took, do you want to see them?" You asked. He nodded and you began inching toward him. He leaned down to look at the camera and seemed to be interested. When you finished showing him the pictures, you turned to look at him, closer now, inches away from the machete wielding man who you were running from minutes before. "I like your mask." You said, looking at your feet. He reached for you and you jumped, but he simply pulled the camera off of your neck and took it in his large hands. You assumed he wanted to take a picture and told him what button to push. He aimed the camera at you and instinctively you smiled. He lowered the camera and reached for your face, you closed your eyes but didn't flinch, as he brushed a loose strand of your hair away. When he shot the picture you walked back over to him so he could show you what he took it was actually very nice. 

"You're a natural," you said with a small chuckle. He didn't make any noise as he handed you back your camera. You weren't sure what else to say. He wasn't going to kill you, right now anyway. You walked off the pier and turned to him, "My car is a pretty far distance from here, and I'm bad with directions, can you walk me back?" He nodded and began walking you back to your car. When you got there you turned to him and thanked him. He nodded as you got in your car. "Maybe I can come back tomorrow?" You asked, waiting for his reaction. He nodded quicker than he had before and you smiled as he shut your door for you. You drove off smiling smally as you watched him in the rear-view.