Captain Spalding Oneshot

You checked your make up in the car. You were a preforming clown and while you were in between jobs you had to stop and fill up your car. You pulled up to a small gas station and walked inside. 

There was clown decor all over and you chuckled to yourself at the irony. You walked up to the counter and saw a taller man with a beard and some clown make up on. "Well hey there sweetheart. Can I help you?" he asked. 

You stumbled over your words and took a deep breath in, you don't know what it was but you were smitten by this man. "I, I need some gas and some umm." you said looking at the sign that said fried chicken.

"And some chicken." you finally spit it out. He chucked to himself as he got everything together for you. "That's a strange combonation missy." he said laughing and handing you your paper bag. 

"You know, uh, clown business," you said chuckling. He laughed harder than you expected him to. You smiled and turned to go eat in your car. "Where are you going so fast?" he asked, seemingly disappointed. 

"Oh, I was gonna go eat in my car.." you said trailing off again. "I insist you stay here and we share a nice fried chicken meal." he said gesturing to the table. "Just two clowns, sharing a moment." he said winking. 

You nodded and joined him and he told you all about his place and how he thought clowns were going extinct which earned him a laugh from you and when it was time for you to leave he walked you to your car. "Maybe you'll have to come back some time," he offered. You smiled and kissed his cheek. "Maybe I just will,"