Jason Voorhees Oneshot

Bullies. That's what they were. You thought everyone could finally be adults and go on a "camping trip" but here you were, dropped off in the middle of a damn forest and left alone. You cursed under your breath and trudged on, trying to remember which way the road was. It seemed as if you kept getting further and further into the woods. Lucky enough for you, you brought your backpack and tent with you when you got out of the car. It looked like you were having a one man camping trip. 

You set up your tent and built a small fire. It was going to be getting dark soon and you didn't want to try to set up camp in the middle of the dark forest. Your phone didn't have signal and you nudged closer to the flames in the fire trying to stay warm. You heard twigs breaking behind you. "If you came back you don't get to use my fire for warmth after abandoning me." You called out as you roasted one of the marshmellows from your pack in the flames. 

There was no reply and you turned to look over your shoulder. There was a man standing there, he was tall and had a hockey mask on. He had a machete at his side and you swallowed quickly, there was no way this could end good. "Look if you're going to kill me, I just want you to know some bullies dumped me out here so I'm sorry if I'm trespassing." You mumbled turning your head back away from him. You heard footsteps and closed your eyes, waiting for the sound of a swinging machete. 

The sound never came, instead, the log you were sitting on shifted and you opened your eyes to the man staring at your fire and sitting next to you. He dwarfed you and you blushed looking up at him. Despite the intimidating look, he had kind eyes. He wrapped an arm around you and you nuzzled into him, he was warm and the side of his jacket cupped your back, keeping the warmth of the fire contained. 

"I don't even know why I trusted them." you said sadly. He shrugged and wrapped his arm around you tighter. The wind blew and you shivered a little bit. He took his jacket off and wrapped it around you. Then he rose from his seat and held a finger up to tell you to wait. He disappeared into the darkness as you cuddled into the warm fabric of the jacket. It smelled like nature. 

The man returned with a armful of sticks. He sat beside you again and placed them around the base of the fire and you watched as the flames rose and the fire spread. You smiled when he looked at you, "thank you." you said. He nodded and watched you as you yawned. He reached over and pulled you into his lap as you tilted your head back against his chest. You smiled as you were able to relax and close your eyes. Maybe there was a way meeting a man in a hockey mask in the woods could be a good thing.