Packing Up

On my last day of school, I got 12 goodbye cards, 20 hugs, and 3 boxes of candy. My friends told me to always call them and tell them about the new school, new guys, and what the town is like. My Mom picked me up that day and right when we got home we started packing boxes.

I started in my room and packed all my pictures (which took so long because I have a lot of them). My Mom stopped by my room and asked me "Um, how was school?" I finally answered "It was okay. I got a lot of cards that I need to read." She knew I was sad. She came up to me and hugged me. "You know this is for our family. You will make more friends." she tried explaining. I almost started crying but instead I just smiled.

We were leaving in two days. I just stayed in my house the whole weekend. I was on my computer a lot. My Mom told me to go on the real estate website and look at our new house. The house was huge! Not like a mansion but it was way bigger than my house now. It had a big garage and a nice pool in the backyard and a playground too (my mom said that will be mostly for my brother).

My Mom kept trying to make go to Ally or Monica's house but I said no because I was too depressed to see them. I kept thinking about the new friends that I might meet. If I do meet any.

I went to bed pretty early because we had to get up early to pack to boxes into the moving truck. My brother was super excited and so were my parents. It was a long 4 hour drive. I was mostly listening to music with my headphones and reading my book. We finally pulled up into our driveway and we were all in awe. The house was a bright white with a big red door. It took us about 6 hours to unpack the truck. I had to unpack my boxes for my room and my new room is a little bigger than my old one (which I enjoy). So far, this town isn't so bad.