The Day of the Date

This is it, the big day. Not only do I have 3 tests (which I studied way too hard on) but I AM GOING ON A DATE WITH TYLER! I was up really late because I didn't know what to wear... so I finally chose my high wasted jean shorts, my white Chuck Taylor's, and just a regular pink shirt. Ugh! I'm so nervous.

I had to walk to school today because my Mom had to take my brother to the doctor because he has the flu or some sick thing like that.

When I first walked in I saw Karen picking on a girl. I think I knew the girl or at least I have seen her around. Her name was Kylie and she wasn't with Kaitlyn (they usually are together). I went up to Karen and pushed her off of Kylie. At the corner of my eye I saw Kaitlyn watching what was happening.

"Get off of her!" I shouted at Karen's face.

She let go of Kylie.

"Hey, are you alright?" I asked Kylie.

She sighed. "Yeah thanks" She looked at Kaitlyn "Come On! Let's go!" She said to Kaitlyn and they ran off.

"Why were you picking on her?!"

"Why do you care?"

"Because you can't just do that to other people"

"Like this?" She shoved me into the locker.

"I am done with you picking on me and everyone else!" I shoved her back.

She had this really mad look. She said some really mean things and pushed me down and walked away. Gosh! She ticks me off!

Pretty much nothing happened the rest of the day other than I made plans with Kylie and Kaitlyn.

I was getting my things out of my locker and then Tyler came by and asked if I was ready.

"Yeah! Let's go."

"K, but let me grab my keys"

We walked to the park and sat on some swings. He asked my about my family and we laughed about his family. It got really chilly so he gave my he is Ranyville Dogs football sweatshirt.

"We should do this again sometime," he said.

"Totally! But, I have something to ask you."

"Uh, okay what up?" the way he said that made me laugh.

"When you were talking about me with Karen, what did you say?" I was scared to ask.

"Oh... umm" he wasn't giving me any eye contact. "I said you... were the most beautiful and kind person I have ever met," he was definitely nervous and he mumbled a lot.

"Oh," I was so surprised. "Does that mean you like me?" I blushed.

"Uh..." He looked at me and got confident. "Yes, Jessica Gander I like you.... a lot."

"Wow! Um okay. Ha I guess I like you too."

He was so nervous and I felt bad because it sounded like I didn't like him (BUT I DONT LIKE HIM I LOVE HIM!) So, I was crazy and kissed his cheek. Ugh! I am an idiot. I said goodbye and walked home. When I got home I checked my phone and I got a text message, From Tyler.