House on Fire

I woke up to a loud ring, and my parents knocking on my door. It felt hot in my room and it was smokey.

"JESSICA, COME ON!" My dad shouted.

We ran downstairs and through the front door. My brother was crying like a baby. I turned around and saw flames shooting out of my house. My house was on fire. My whole family was hugging each other. The firetruck raced in.

"The cause of the fire was... there seemed a gas leak." said a fireman.

"Oh my," a tear dropped down my Mom's cheek, "Was anything saved?"

"Uh, yeah a few things, there over there in that pile." He pointed to a pile full of things.

In the pile, was my brother's old dinosaur toy, my Mom's fireproof case which as some recipes, pictures, and some documents, my Dad's tool box, and some of my pictures. There were some other things but those were the most important. I had my phone with me and I called Tyler.

"Tyler?" I was sort of crying.

"Jessica, what's wrong?"

"My house, I mean we had a bad house fire."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"I'm on my way."

My family was sitting on our lawn watching the firefighters. My Mom was calling a lot of people and my Dad was trying to comfort Lucas. Tyler showed up and he sat by me and hugged me.

We had to stay at my Dad's bosses house. He had the biggest house I have ever seen. It was like a mansion. My parents were talking about how ware going to remodel our house, how much insurance money we have, and what things we still have. Lucas and came into my room and told me how scared he was. My parents came to my room and they wanted to talk to us.

"The fire may have destroyed a lot of our things, but it didn't destroy our love." I thought that was cheesy, but it was also very comforting.